vortex's wake .2

in which kilmet and wanyan get in a heated argument , and y/n is tired of this shit.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ∞༺♥༻∞ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"you call yourself a scholar of archaeology ?! you can't even explain this or that... such nonsense !"

"we all have different areas of expertise ! i already tried to explain this to you."

y/n , zhongli , paimon , and lumine awkwardly stood in front of the two citizens , clearly confused. the floating fairy was the first to address the situation. she flew over and stomped on the air angrily.

"stop arguing ! what in the world happened ?!"

((paimons so cute jajwjqj spoilers: in the recent story quest when she was cheering us up i was on the brink of tears))

kilmet rolled his eyes. "this girl just keeps on bragging on how she's an archaeologist , but she doesn't know anything about the ruins ! even i know more than her ! she left me to rely soley on guessing- i mean expeirence- to bring anything valuable back. what a waste of time !" his voice was cocky and loud. this caused wanyan to simply become even more angry.

"i-i've been researching the god of salt , so i'm not familiar with sea relics ! is that so strange ?!"

lumine and y/n exchanged glances and narrowed their eyes.

that is kinda strange.

the researcher's brows furrowed , her finger pointing at kilmet. "and you ! you keep on asking how much mora everything is ! can the value of relics only count in mora to you ?!" in response , kilmet pursed his lips and shrugged. "uh... i mean isn't that the easiet way to measure it's value ? it also matches the traditions of liyue right ?"

zhongli sighed. "now now , no need to fuss. we were able to bring some interesting things. let's take a look." pulling out the relic , he gave it a look and frowned.

"oh..."

"what is it ?" y/n asked , getting on her toes to take a look.

"what a shame... these objects were indeed washed ashore by the overlord of the vortex , but they have nothing to do with the god besides being in the vicinity at the time." he stated. "the stone slab we found however , has a mysterious partern and faint aura of divine power. perhaps it will be useful for research purposes." kilmet brightened up at the end of his sentence.

"quick , give it to me !" as he took the relic , a smirk played on his lips.

"hehe , at least we didn't come for nothing. the power of the god's... yes ! this is good. oh , but these other objects are certaintly worth a little something right ? it should be enough to cover the cost of hiring you- it's all mine !"

y/n stared at him. he just wants money huh. weird guy.

"so... it's only valuable if there are remnats of divine power on it ?" paimon asked. wanyan shook her head at the question. "not at all. my quest is to uncover the history of the god of salt because it can tell us about culture and beliefs..." she stayed quiet for a split second.

"but YOU... you're just trying to get rich !" wanyan said. her face was filled with anger. kilmet raised his hands in defense for himself. "n-nonsense ! i'm a professional archaeology researcher from snezhnaha , i swear. if i'm lying , may the lord of geo strike me down !"

no... you're just trying to get money off of archaeology.

zhongli looked at him. "oh , by the way , you might not want to sell that teacup."

"oh ? why's that ?"

he smiled. "that's not an ancient teacup , it's part of ningguang's collection. it must have fallen here along with the jade chamber. so unless you wish to mess with the qixing..."

kilmet sighed , the golden teacup in his hands. "what a shame... it was of such high quality too."

"see !? you do want to sell these objects !" wanyan declared. he shot her a glare. "so what ! why can't i pursue wealth both intellectual and material ? don't be so simple minded." he then crossed his arms. "alright then ! no need to stay here any longer. i'm rather quite intrigued by the god of salt too actually. let's head to sal terrae next."

well then off we go.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ∞༺♥༻∞ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧