CHAPTER FOUR

"High school parties can go two ways- you can either get drunk, or you can get blackout drunk."
-

As soon as Sarah said that, we all looked at each other. A real high school party? I didn't really know what to expect. I mean, all the high school parties in the movies ended up pretty badly for the main character. But this isn't a movie. Besides, even if it was, I doubt it'd focus on our friend group.

"Well?" Sarah asked. "Do you?"

"What if someone calls the cops?" Pope launched right into the negatives, like he always did. "Or- or what if someone brings a gun? And there's a mass shooting?"

"A mass shooting?" Kie questioned. "Why would that happen? A party's for partying, not for murder."

"Yeah, and a school's for learning! Not massacres."

"Haven't you heard the story?" JJ asked Pope and Kiara with a mischievous smile. "About the boy who killed his parents and left them in his basement? And then invited his whole school over to his house for a party like nothing happened? Then he told his best friend what he did, right before they took a picture together. His friend looked like he'd seen a ghost."

It was obvious he was trying to scare Pope and Kie and I fear it was working. They were both staring at him with wide eyes. I rolled my eyes and hit JJ on the shoulder. "Stop, JJ! That's not funny."

"It's a true story JB, look it up!

"I don't wanna hear it anymore!" Kie covered her ears to tune him out. "Stop talking about it." JJ started laughing. "You get scared so easily, Kiara. Chill, it won't happen at this one."

"So that means we're going!" Sarah exclaimed happily. "I'll tell Topper." I nodded and stood up. "Okay, I'll go tell my dad."

Before I could even take one step, Sarah grabbed my arm and yanked me back onto the bed. "What the hell are you talking about? You can't tell your dad! It's literally 1 am. There's no way he'll let us go."

"So, what are you trying to say?" I asked her, still recovering from the very intense whiplash I had gotten by how hard she pulled me on the bed. "We're gonna sneak out." She smirked and at that, Pope started to freak out even more.

"Sneak out?" He basically shouted and JJ threw a pillow at him. "Wanna be any louder?" He mocked.

"I'm sorry but- we can't sneak out! We're good kids, we can't- the worst thing I've ever done is copy off of someone's test and I regret it every second of the day! It's always in the back of my mind, like a reoccurring nightmare-"

"Oh good God," Kiara said, turning away from him, all of us choosing to ignore him as he rambled on and on. "I guess sneaking out is the only option. John B, what time does your dad usually wake up?"

I shrugged. "Like 5:30? 6? Around that time." Sarah nodded. "Okay, great! We have time then. 1-5."

"Well, it's already 1:15, so we better go. How far is Topper's house from here?" JJ asked. "Walking distance? Like fifteen minutes so come on. Let's go. Everyone out the window!" Sarah exclaimed.

"The window?" Pope shouted, causing all of us to look at him angrily.

"Shhh!"