CHAPTER NINE

"I hate my life."
-

(Sarah's POV)

Life has been so weird these past days. My family was being annoying, but even more annoying than usual. Rafe was ugly and irritating, Wheezie was nosy, Rose was just never around and my dad...well, he's my dad.

But my friends were my main concerns. Kiara and Pope just didn't hang around us anymore. It has been a week since the big blowout, as I like to call it. Kiara was long gone, and Pope basically was too. He had even left the group chat. It was just, JJ, John B and I.

Even though I had them, I could feel myself pulling away from them. There was no denying it. I was hanging around with my cheer squad and the football team more and more and less with my other friends. Could you blame me though? It was so nice to be liked by so many people.

Anyways, it was Wednesday and almost time for school. I was running late, so I was forcing my dad to take me there.

I shoved a notebook in my backpack and zipped it up, grabbing it and rushed out of my room, down the stairs and to the kitchen to grab a banana or something.

When I was there, I paused when I saw my dad standing there as still as a statue.

"Uh..Dad? You good?" I asked, waving a hand in his face. He blinked suddenly and looked at me. "All good, sweetie. I was just thinking about how I need to take Wheezie to her friends house soon. Speaking of friends, I haven't seen Kiara or Pope around here recently. Everything good with you guys?"

I sighed when he didn't mention JJ or John B. I knew he really didn't like them because of their background, or because of the way they acted. He liked Kiara and Pope better because they were more "calm and mature" as he liked to put it. Which I guess I agreed on, but that didn't mean he had to be rude to John B or JJ. It was funny that he didn't mention them, considering that they were the only two I hung out with now.

"Um, yeah, I guess," I shrugged, opening the fridge to grab a water bottle. "We're not really talking like that anymore. It's fine though, people grow apart."

Except it wasn't fine. I really missed both of them. I missed Pope putting everyone in line because he was the only one who could make rational decisions, or the way he would freak out over the smallest things and make all of us laugh unintentionally. And I missed Kiara and being able to talk to her about anything and everything because I just trusted her that much, and staying up late at night on the phone with her, talking shit about everyone.

I just missed them.

"You sound sad," My dad said, but it seemed like he decided to leave it alone because he moved on to the next subject. "How about JJ and John B? Are they okay?"

"Yeah. Well, JJ is. John B has been acting so weird these days. I don't know what's up with him." I sighed, turning around to face him.

He looked annoyed. "Well honey, you know I don't like John B at all, but I think he might have a crush on you."

I made a face. "What? John B does not have a crush on me. How did you even come to that conclusion?"

My dad shrugged. "It just looks like it. He's always by you when you all hang out and he looks at you in some weird way."