Bonus Chapter #1 - Talks & Tears

*Right after the Epilogue*

(Sarah's POV)

When I got home, I was overwhelmed with so many feelings. They were good feelings but that didn't stop them from taking over me. I couldn't believe what just happened.

Let's be honest, I noticed John B's crush on me looong before he confessed. I just didn't know if I was seeing something that wasn't there or if my instincts were right. It felt good to finally hear him admit it and clear up any doubt I had.

And yes, I like John B too. Ever since the incident with Topper and how John B defended me, even when he thought I hated him, made me look at him in a completely different light. He really cared and wanted what was best for me, even though he sucked at showing it sometimes.

I always felt like my relationship with Topper was off. I almost felt forced to be with him because of our positions in school, which I know sounds stupid but, the pressure from the other girls on the cheer squad was a bit much at times. I found myself doing a lot of things I would never do because of them.

My good feelings started to turn into feelings of embarrassment as I started to think about what happened this whole school year. I felt terrible letting school turn me into a person I never wanted to be. I'm almost shocked that my friends even want to still talk to me at this point.

I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts when I heard the front door open and someone came rushing into the house like a mad man.

"Hey! Is anyone home! I need help with these groceries before I-"

Before he could finish, I heard a big crash and ran into the hall where the front door was. All I saw was my Dad face down on the floor with various groceries scattered throughout the area before I started to laugh loudly.

He gave me a look of embarrassment. "Sarah! Thank god you're here! Can you please help with these groceries?"

"Sure," I replied with a smile, starting to pick up the fallen food on the floor. "Why were you even trying to bring all of this in at the same time?"

"I didn't want to make a second trip to the car so I thought I'd just bring it all in at once!" he exclaimed as he grabbed the last bag off the floor.

"Right.. I'll help you put these in the kitchen."

We went to the kitchen and started putting away the groceries. As we were doing so, I jumped at the small vibration from my pocket and pulled out my phone. I saw a message from the pogues group chat and the feelings from earlier started rushing back. My Dad must of noticed because he decided to ask about it.

"Everything okay Sarah?"

I shook my head yes, but he saw right through the lie. He gestured for me to sit on a stool by the counter and I complied with his request.

"What's going on?" he questioned with a worried tone.

"I don't know," I started, trying to decide whether I should confide in my Dad or not. "Remember how the pogues had that big fight not that long ago?"

"Yeah! I was ready to run them to the ground!" he exclaimed with a proud look.

I shook my head and continued, "Anyways. After that I was so angry at all of them and I said some awful things but there's this one incident with Kiara that is stuck in my head. We've all apologized for what happened but I still feel guilty about it."