CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Maturing is realizing that Halloween is the best holiday."
-

After Algebra, I left the room quickly because I needed to go to my locker before English to get my homework.

The second I stepped foot into the hallway, I ran into a big, tall man standing above me and fell to the floor below.

"Oh my god I'm so sor-"

I cut myself off when I saw who it was.

"Tommy? Why are you standing outside of the Algebra room?"

"I was waiting for you," he explained, helping me up.

"Oh? Is something wrong?" I asked in a worried tone.

"John B, why don't you come with me," he said, bringing me out of the way of the door.

"So what did you want-"

Tommy grabbed me and pinned me up against the wall. "I got a bone to pick with you." He growled and I stared at him, half in shock and half in confusion. Um, what the hell?

"What the fuck are you doing?" I questioned.

"You got us in trouble yesterday!" He accused. "You're the whole reason why we got detention. If you weren't so soft, and stopped caring about other people who don't give a shit about you, we would have gotten away with it!"

I glared at him. Was he seriously blaming me right now?

"Um, we would have gotten away with it if you weren't quite literally robbing people!" I exclaimed, pushing him off of me with all of my strength, taking pride in the way he stumbled backwards and almost fell. "You're literally insane. You should have never came up with that wretched idea."

He rolled his eyes. "Maybe you shouldn't have agreed to it. It's not my fault you're pathetic and would do anything to get your lame ass friends back."

My fists clenched as I resisted the urge to punch the fuck out of him. My friends were not lame. They were really cool, cooler than Tommy would ever be. But of course, he wouldn't know that, because he never even made the effort to get to know any of them.

"Shut the hell up. I have to go to class, so I'm gonna ask you to leave me alone now. I'll see you at detention." I said, as calmly as I could, staring him down. I wasn't gonna back down from this.

Tommy scoffed, but it looked like he was actually going to leave me alone. "Whatever." He said and walked away. I stood there for a little while, before looking around to make sure that no one had seen what had just happened. Either I was extremely lucky, or I had missed someone looking, but there was no one in the hallway.

Oh, Lord. That probably meant that the late bell was about to ring and I would receive my ten millionth tardy of the school year. And I couldn't afford that.

So even though my English homework was still in my locker, I was going to have to take an L for today. I ran across the hallway to get to my classroom, going as fast as my legs would take me.

I dashed through the door the second the bell started ringing. Everyone in the class turned to look at me, looks of concerns on their faces. The only people who weren't looking at me were Kiara and Pope, as expected.