CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"High School is just a bunch of scared people trying to be something they're not."
-

TRIGGER WARNING
This chapter has quite a bit of violence and talks of sensitive topics and issues.
-

Also, Happy Thanksgiving!
-

I woke up excitedly with a smile on my face for the first time in months!

Today was the day! Today I was going to the get the pogues back.

I had a whole plan that I knew would work, as long as they listened to what I had to say.

I quickly ran outside because I had to catch the bus since my Dad couldn't bring me to school.

I waited at my bus stop and about a couple minutes later, the big yellow prison transportation pulled up.

I got on the bus and sat in the front. I know there's this whole debate over where you sit on the bus, but I just genuinely don't care. I sit where I want to sit, especially since I'm only gonna be on here for like 5 minutes.

I grabbed my phone and went to Apple Music, turning on Bloodshot by Dove Cameron. This song really resonated with me these past weeks and I listened to it almost every day.

A couple minutes later, we were pulling into the school and the bus driver started letting us off the bus.

"Have a nice day," the bus driver said as she opened the door.

"Thank you," I said as I walked down the stairs and towards the entrance.

Usually, it would've felt weird not seeing the rest of the Pogues here waiting for me, but they haven't done that in weeks so, it felt normal now.

I walked inside the school and went into a line to get breakfast. Today, our school had donuts and surprisingly, they were so fucking good.

After I grabbed one, I went to a table, sat down , and started to eat the donut.

I decided to watch Netflix since I finished all my school homework.

Well, I was gonna watch Netflix. Unfortunately, the first thing I saw was the He's All That movie and then an ad for Q-Force.

I quickly closed out Netflix and decided I was no longer gonna be watching.

Soon enough, the bell rung and it was time to go to my locker before class.

I walked down the hallway and got to my locker. I loved getting to my locker early because then no one was there and I could get a moment of peace before the halls filled with students.

I put in my combination and opened my locker, putting my backpack inside and taking out a notebook for class.

The hallway was starting to fill up with students, so I quickly tried to get the rest of my things.

I stopped when I heard Topper and his friends next to me. They were talking about some dumb ass shit I truly didn't care about so I tried to hurry and leave but one name they said caught my attention.