2

My ears are ringing and my head is spinning. I whimper slightly and my memories start coming back. I open my eyes but they're still black, shit. I try to yell but they're sad and muffled attempts. I begin thrashing around, hands bound together behind my back. I sit up and can tell I'm in a car, but then I'm shoved back down on my side. "Don't worry darlin', we're almost home," hisses a voice I don't recognize.

The vehicle comes to a haunting stop and there is a loud screeching noise from outside it, then doors start opening and a few seconds later I'm being pulled from the seat. We walk for awhile, I have no idea where or for how long, but whoever is guiding me neglected to tell me there was a drop off and I busted my ass before being picked up and pushed forward again.

There is a lot of shuffling as I enter a building and the air is very cool, almost as if the building has air conditioning. I'm forced to sit down and my hands are cut free, so I take off my gag and rip the cloth from over my eyes while standing. The room is extremely bright and very white and clean. There are two men standing in front of me, one seems scared and the other is smiling.

"Who the hell are you?" I begin yelling, taking a few threatening steps toward them.

"Whoah! Whoah! Whoah! How is that a way to talk to somebody just trying to give y'all some help. Huh?" the smiling man chuckles. The skinnier man of the two still look frightened, I can't seem to understand why.

"Help us?" my southern accent is prominent when I start to yell. "I was knocked out and gagged! Where are they?"

"Right here," says a man with a stern voice and shady smile. Michonne and Andrea walk in and I grab both of them, relieved. "We truly are only trying to help," the man pauses, "And as for the extra precautions, we don't know you people, we had to make sure you don't know where we are in case you're a threat."

"So you bring any possible threats in here?" Michonne spits.

"We bring people in here, who they choose to be is up to them," he smiles, eyebrows furrowing slightly. The look on his eyes doesn't seem promising.

"I am the Governor," he touches his chest and then points to the men beside him. "And these two are Milton and Merle."

"I know," Andrea growls. I look at her and suddenly it clicks, Merle was apart of her group at the beginning. He lost his hand escaping from a building they locked him on. Suddenly the fact that he has a blade on his right arm instead of a hand kicks into effect.

"How's it been sugar?" he grimaces back at her.

"Merle, let's give them some time, then we'll catch up," the Governor smiles charmingly and opens the door to escort him out. They leave and shut the white door behind them, leaving a nervous Milton.

"Alright-" Milton says as his voice cracks, clearing his throat before continuing. "Let's examine you and see how you're feeling. Andrea, we're going to have doctor Stevens take a look at you." I make purposeful eye contact with Michonne and shake my head slightly, she nods in agreement.

-

Merle and the Governor had disappeared when we walked outside the room, but we were met by two men. They hardly said but a few words and walked us to a bedroom, with a working, hot shower. Andrea was the first to volunteer to test the shower while me and Michonne sat on the bed uncomfortably.

"This don't feel right," I whisper, hoping no one outside the door could hear.

"I say we give it a chance, but something seems off, we leave the first chance we get."

"It already seems off."

"Then we stay a couple days and leave, I'll pack us some bags tonight. We at least need to catch our breath and take advantage of the doctor, for Andrea."