14

We've done what anyone would have, tried to move on. After taking care of Andrea, Tyreese told us there were a lot of kids, people, and elderly the governor left behind so we took them in. They've become apart of us, all through the winter they helped us scavenge and helped us survivor. The winter was tough having so many mouths to feed but we did it. Now, the Georgia heat has rejoined us and its smoldering hot all the time.

We buried Andrea and had a small service for her. I cried. I cried a lot. But after, I kind of just stopped. The only thing Michonne and I cared about was finding him. We wanted to make him pay. He deserved to die. Daryl has been looking too, he's full of unsatisfied vengeance for Merle. Michonne has been gone for awhile, over a week, looking for him. We generally take turns and we've been taking the horse so we don't waste gas on it. We started a council to make decisions and run things so Rick can take off from some of the responsibilities and I'm on it. We cleared out the yard with the new man power we have and started growing crops in it. We rebuilt the gate to the fence and now we have spikes surrounding it to ward off walkers as we come and go.

I wake up and stretch, rolling over to sit on the edge of the bed. Michonne and I have made things a little more at home here. I have a few sketch pads on the desk for my drawing and she has a lot of comics she shares with Carl. We each have a to go back. It has water, some food, some first aid supplies, an extra shirt, extra ammo and an extra knife. I found new boots again so I'm wearing those, tie up work boots that I keep a knife tucked in the side. I have dark skinny jeans and a black tank top because it's hot outside right now. I always have a gun and knife on my belt, plus my sword on my back. I grab a hair tie and out it into a low ponytail, putting bubbles with multiple hair ties all the way down to keep my really long hair out of my face.

Once I'm ready for the day, i grab something small for breakfast. We found an apple tree in the woods we collect from, so I grab an apple and I'm on my way outside. The sound of walkers fill my ears and I stand in the warm sun watching people conversing and eating. We have a small grill set up by tables for everyone to cook and eat at so a lot of people are there eating. Daryl walks up beside me and stands for a minute without speaking.

"Not gonna eat the deer?" He grumbles.

"Don't sound too proud, hotshot," I reply sarcastically. He scoffs but stays standing beside me.

"Carol said they need some help on the fences today, we had a big build up," I turn to the fences at his words and look at the large crowd of walkers on the gates with more approaching behind them. There has to be at least forty to fifty of them with more joining.

"Shit," I groan. "I'm going on the run today."

"Guess you're not," he replies stiffly.

"Daryl," I snap and turn toward him.

"We have plenty of people, you're not going," he demands dryly. He walks off without another word leaving me with a pissed off look on my face. I'm not sure when his balls dropped but I don't appreciate him telling me what to do.

-

The caravan is off, Daryl, Zach (Beth's boyfriend), Bob (new guy), Sasha, Tyreese, and Glenn are going on a run. I'm beside Maggie while we say our goodbyes, Maggie seems full of concern. Her concern is surpassing that of her husband leaving, there's something else on her mind. She walks away quickly without a word and I got to turn when I hear them opening the gates, they're not leaving yet. I turn and see Michonne riding in on the horse. I sprint down to the gates and greet Michonne as she hops off the horse. I engulf her in a big hug and laugh. "You're back."

"You miss me or something?" She chuckles. Carl and Rick have already said their hellos. Carl is smiling with a new pack of comic books in his hand so I'm assuming she found some good ones. She lets go of me and grabs something else out of her bag, handing it to Rick. A beard trimmer. "I found this. You're face is losing the war," she chuckles and Rick accepts the offer.