3

Michonne and I make our way to a wall, the wall is held by military vehicles. Michonne climbs up to the gun and I look at the side of the vehicle, there are bullet holes covering the sides. I run my finger over a hole and the liquid in it smears. That has to be fresh.

"Michonne," I whisper, holding up my black fingers. She nods her head, understanding. She kneels down in the bed of the truck and touches the ground, holding her hand up to me. Fresh blood remains on her fingers.

She jumps down and we walk around the car when suddenly there is a voice. "Pretty amazing. Find more ammo, we can cut down a whole pack of biters," he smiles. "I hear you three are leaving today, that's a shame. We could use soldiers like you."

"Seems like you're holding your own," Michonne shoots back. "Even the national guard was overrun."

"No amount of training can prepare you for he end of the world," he shakes his head.

"You would think one soldier would drive away," I shrug.

"Especially against something so slow," Michonne gestures to the vehicle.

"Those men were heroes, not the kind to leave anyone behind," he bullshits as he begins walking to the side of the truck. "If only we had got there sooner, and you two were with us."

"Lots of bullet holes," Michonne adds.

"Think biters learned how to use weapons," I add sarcastically.

"They must've been counter banned weeks ago, it's ugly out there. But you know that better than anyone."

"It's too bad what happened to Wells," says Michonne.

"It is," he nods. "Doctor Stevens couldn't revive him, Merle put a bullet in his brain."

"No funeral," I question with squinted eyes.

"We cremated him, quietly. These people have been through so much, I figured thank god, at least no one knew him."

"Thank god," Michonne whispers and we slowly walk away.

I turn back and see that he is gone and look at Michonne. "We need to leave now. He killed them," I state the obvious.

"I know," she whispers.

-

"If we leave soon, we can get a few hours before dusk," I say standing while Michonne and Andrea sit on the bed in front of a map.

"Where are we heading?"

Michonne now responds, "I was thinking the coast, they have the water completely on each side. Maybe we find a boat, best thing is we find an island," she looks between both of us and I nod, Andrea just shifts uncomfortably.

"And if the coast isn't safe?"

"We keep moving," I add.

"And if it is safe, then what do we do? Grow old, live off the sea? By ourselves?"

"I'd rather take my chances out there than stay here," Michonne scoffs and looks up from the map.

"Because your gut tells you there's something off about this place? About the Governor?"

"Both of us do, and that has kept us alive this long," I snarl.

She lightens a bit, "that's true."

-

Michonne is trying to sneak into the Governor's place to get our weapons. Andrea didn't have much in the first place, but me and Michonne both had our katanas. Michonne comes storming out of a building, with both our weapons in hand but is pissed.