Moonrise Bar

3rd POV 

(Y/N) rubbed her head in exhaustion as she stared at her stubborn daughter Shiroi. She was sitting back on her throne as Kojima stood beside her with a glaring look. It was just those three in the room at the moment as (Y/N) dismissed her other children for a well-deserved rest for a job well done. (Y/N) spent some time at first reassuring Tone that she wasn’t upset nor disappointed in him for failing to obtain the Sacred Tear. 

They would simply try again at a later date. However, right now, (Y/N) was busy glaring at Shiroi as she held her hand out, “Give me those earrings.” Shiroi pouted as she cradled them close to her chest, “If you want a pair of earrings that badly, I’ll give you one of mine but just not this one.”

(Y/N) frowned at this answer, clearly not happy that she was not listening, “Shiroi! I am not asking to borrow jewelry! I am asking you to release him from his gem prison!” Shiroi flinched at the volume of her voice but before she could retort, Kojima walked up and forcibly took the earrings from her. Shiroi gasped at this but remained silent when Kojima laid the earrings on the ground and gave her a commanding glare, “Mother should only ask once. Turn him back. NOW!” 

Flinching at the volume of his voice, Shiroi frowned as her hands glowed white. Soon, the earrings radiated as well. Seeing the effects, (Y/N) waved Shiroi away so she can greet their guest without any more interference. Shiroi bowed her head with a saddened face before leaving the room. As soon as the doors closed behind Shiroi, Katakuri was free from his prison. Before anyone could blink, Katakuri rushed towards (Y/N) with clear ill intent, but (Y/N) merely sat there, with her serene smile still resting on her face.

Just before Katakuri could even touch her, his eyes gleamed red, showing him a vision of the near future, but before he could fully comprehend the scene he saw, Kojima slammed his head into the ground. (Y/N) remained ever so silent, and watched as Kojima nearly squashed Katakuri’s head as he growled, leaking a black aura of hatred, “How dare you raise your hand against the Blazing Empress? Now your place!”

Kojima then lifted him up and tossed him to the other side of the room, creating a large crater where Katakuri roughly landed. While not showcasing any real emotion behind her smile, (Y/N) spoke with an empty voice, “Now, now Kojima, Katakuri here had every right to attack me. I am the woman who threatened his entire…” She paused as a look of disgust entered her once kind face, “Family…” 

Her voice went dark as a deep grumble rose from her chest and echoed in the room, causing a bone-chilling fear into Katakuri’s pained body. Goosebumps appeared all over his body as he felt something akin to death approaching him. Katakuri swore his body began to shake uncontrollably before it suddenly ceased when (Y/N) closed her eyes and took a deep, calming breath, “And sent one of my lovely sons to steal from them. He had every right to attack me.”

Katakuri listened closely to her words as he slowly rose to a kneeling position from the crater with weary eyes. Kojima kept his icy glare on him, making sure no move was made against his Empress. However, when (Y/N) rose and walked towards Katakuri, Kojima heavily frowned, “Don’t approach him, Mother. He has no right to be so close to your presence.” (Y/N) merely smiled and patted his arm as she moved closer to their guest.

Katakuri grew scared and tried to move away from her. Tried. He noticed (Y/N)’s eyes turned into golden slits as he desperately willed his body to move, escape, anything to push away from the danger before him. His restless attempts soon ceased when (Y/N) stopped before him. He then saw her hand raise up and then clenched his eyes shut, expecting death with a heavy heart. It pained his heart that he would leave his family defenseless, no matter how much they seemed to burden him. Before he could delve into these thoughts anymore, he felt a soft touch on his cheek.