Chapter 4

We pulled up to a huge 4 story house. Our last house was only 3 stories, so I was surprised we now have a 4 story house.

"Here we are." My dad said, as he pulled up to the big white house. My whole family got out and started to grab our hundred suitcases. Then we all walked up to the front of our house, and to the door. My dad got out his key and opened it.

It was so huge inside. I literally couldn't believe it. Yes, my old house was really big... But not this big! This was literally huge.

"Okay, the top floor is just extra rooms, like a theater room, a game room. And the floor below that, the third floor, is the bedroom floor. There are 6 bedrooms on that floor, you can choose one... And later we will go buy paint for them, and you can design them." My mom said.

All 3 of us kids, me, Michelle, and Luke, all rushed up the stairs. We raced up to the 3rd floor, and we ran down the hall opening doors, quickly looking, to try to find the best room.

As we all ran, we ran into each other.

"Watch we're you're going!" Luke said, holding his head as we all sat on the ground.

I smacked him in the head.

"Mackenzie!" He said, still holding his head which he ran into me with, and I smacked.

"Sorry, watch were your heads going, it ran into my head." I said, giggling.

We all laughed. Then there was about a split second that we all say there, just looking at each other. Then we all got up and started running again.

All the doors were open, except the one at the end. We all looked at each other, and ran towards it.

I got there first, surprising me since I was sure my 11 year old younger brother would beat me there.

I tried opening he door, but it wouldn't budge.

"Locked." I said, sighing as I stopped messing with the door handle.

Michelle sighed, as she walked towards the end of the hall, where a balcony was. Michelle moved towards the two glass doors, with white curtains over them.

Michelle moved the curtains to the side, and looked out of the doors that lead to the balcony.

"Oh my god Kenz, come here! Hurry." Michelle whispered.

I ran over, I saw the neighbor boy outside, kicking around a soccer ball with his shirt off. He had muscles! He was so cute!

"Damn." I said, looking out the window, well staring out the window at the hot boy.

In the background, Luke was still trying to open the locked door. I turned around and stared at him. Obviously the door wasn't going to open the 4 millionth time he tries.

Then my mom walked up the stairs.

"Have you decided yet?" My mom asked.

"No. Why won't this door open?" Michelle asked.

I was wondering too, but my mom hesitated to answer, which was very weird. At least I think it was.

"Um. I'm not sure. But I'm sure it's not a big deal." My mom said.

She obviously knew something. But I decided just to shake it all off, and choose a room.

One by one, me and my two siblings looked through each bedroom. They were all the same size. So I just picked a random one.

"I'll go get mom to tell her that we have made our choices." I said.

I went to the elevator that I had just discovered, and went down to the main floor. I then looked around, I couldn't find my mom, but I did find a note on the table. It was from my mom.

The note said: "Here's money to get dinner. Me and your father are adjusting. Love you. -mum and dad."

Why the heck did she put 'mum' instead of 'mom'? I wondered. It's not like we call her 'mum'. When I need something, I just scream "mom!"

Then I saw it. It was just sitting on the table next to the microwave. The thing I needed... The thing my mother was hiding.