Chapter 13

I barely slept all night. I just couldn't sleep.

I finally fell asleep. But then in the morning I was awoken by my mother shaking me.

"Wake up darling, fathers taking you and the others to go pick paint for all your bedrooms." My mom said, she kept shaking me.

"I'm up... I'm up." I said, still half asleep.

"Are you really?" She asked.

I had already fell back asleep. She started shaking me again.

"Who is it?" I asked, still sleepy.

"Still me." She said. "Get up please, Mackenzie." My mom said, as she walked our of my room.

I got up, showered and put on skinny jeans, a blue v-neck, a sweatshirt, and my blue converse. Then I left my hair wavy.

I ran downstairs, and it smelled so good. Chocolate chip pancakes... My favorite breakfast.

"You made my favorite." I said, sitting down at the table.

"I know I did." My mom said, setting a plate of pancakes in the middle of the table:

All of us kids, and Maggie quickly are our pancakes because my dad would be here to pick us up soon.

When my dad pulled in, we all walked out to the car.

"Hello." My dad said, talking to all of us as we all got into the car.

"Hey." I said. The others said hi too.

Then we pulled out and started to drive. I had no idea where we were going, but I knew that we were all going to pick out paint for our new rooms.

"Any ideas on colors?" My dad asked.

"Lilac." Michelle answered.

"Red." Luke said.

"Blue." I added. I loved blue, but I was more of an aqua person, not a dark blue person.

"What about you, Maggie?" My dad asked.

"Yellow." She said. Yellow was Maggie's favorite color. It always has been, and it probably always will be to be honest.

We pulled into the paint store, and went inside. A few people asked for pictures, which I agreed. I stood there, with a smile on my face as they snapped a few photos.

Then I walked to the blues section. Walking down the whole isle to look for the color I wanted. Then I finally found it. The color I have always wanted.

"This is the one." I said to my dad.

"That one?" He asked.

"Yep, this one." I answered.

"Then let's go get it." He said, as we took the paint swatch up to the counter to show them the color I chose.

I was excited to paint my room. I have never exactly gotten the choice to paint it. But yet now, I did.