Chapter 9

I shut my eyes because I believed I was going to fall and die. To my surprise, I fell into someone's arms.

"I told you I would catch you. Now you can open your eyes." Brooklyn laughed, as he set me down.

"Thanks." I said, as I stood up.

I was shivering, because it was really cold, and I was in my old soccer shirt, and yoga pants, with no shoes on.

"Are you cold?" Brooklyn asked.

"Yeah. A little." I said, shivering. I was actually really cold, but I didn't want him to think I was a complainer.

"Here, take my jacket." He said, putting his jacket on me.

"Thank you." I said, his jacket was warm, and made me feel very warm and cozy.

Then the door on the balcony opened.

"Hide." I whispered to Brooklyn. He hid under the balcony, so Michelle couldn't see him as she looked over the balcony.

"What are you doing?" Michelle asked. She looked so tired.

"Um, nothing. Just looking for my phone." I said, lying.

"It's right here." Michelle said holding up my phone.

"Oh my god! Where did you find that at?" I asked, acting surprised.

"On the ground, I almost stepped on it." She said.

"Can you come open the front door for me?" I asked.

"Uh. Yeah, one second." She said, walking back into our house.

Brooklyn came back out.

"Well she found your phone!" He joked.

I laughed.

"Thank you." I said, smiling at him.

Then I waved goodbye to him as I ran around the side of the house to the front door.

Michelle opened the door. She yawned. She did look really tired. But it as 3 in the morning. And I was tired too.

She let me in.

"It's 3 in the morning." Michelle said, yawning again.

"Sorry, I had lost my phone." I said, starting to walk up the stairs.

"Who's jacket it that?" Michelle said, talking about Brooklyn's jacket.

"It was Nick's." I said. Nick was one of my friends from my old school. I had known him and my other best friend Maggie since I was 6.

"Oh. Okay." Michelle said, she looked like she was half dead.

"Yeah." I said, I felt bad that I was lying to her, but I couldn't tell her the truth.

We both went to our rooms. Then I went back into bed, and fell back asleep. No more distractions tonight. Please.