Chapter 10

"Mackenzie wake up, moms opening." Michelle said, shaking me awake.

"Ugh. 5 more minutes." I said, putting the pillow over my eyes as she opened my curtains, revealing the bright sun into my bedroom.

"No more minutes. We can't be late." She said.

"Fine." I said, as she walked out. I got up and showered.

Then I blow-dryer my hair, and put on my black and white dress, (photo in media slot), with my black heels. I curled my hair, and went downstairs. I saw Michelle waiting for me at the door.

"Ready?" Michelle asked, "our driver is here."

"Yes." I said, as I walked out the door.

Then I walked out to the car with Michelle. We started to drive to my moms new store.

"What about Luke?" I asked.

"The whole Beckham family, and Luke are meeting us there." Michelle said, looking at her phone.

"Oh okay." I said, as I got my phone out and checked my texts.

I had one from Maggie.

"Can't wait to see you." She said.

"Maggie, I'm all the way in London." I said, I felt bad because I wasn't going to see her in a while.

Then I put my phone back away as we got close to my mothers store. I got out of the car. And walked through the crowd to my mother, who was standing on the steps, in front of the red ribbon.

"Michelle. Mackenzie!" My mother said, as she hugged both of us. "I'm so happy you made it. I was getting worried."

"You shouldn't ever get worried mom." I said, smiling at her.

Then Luke walked up to us. He looked nice, except you could see in his eyes that he didn't sleep at all last night. His eyes looked like they were weighing him down, and he had dark circles under them.

"Lucas!" My mom said, hugging him. "How was the Beckham's, did you sleep well?" She asked.

"Or sleep at all?" I added. He gave me a dirty look.

"It was a lot of fun, and I slept very well." He said, acting like he was an angel or something.

I rolled my eyes. Then it was 10:30. My mom got the huge scissors and started to cut the long ribbon. As she finished, everyone clapped.

"Thank you all for coming. My store is officially open for business." She said, with a big smile on her face.

The paparazzi and publicists snapped their pictures. Then we all walked into the store. It was awesome.

"Do you like it?" My mom asked me.

"Yes, I love it." I said, turning and smiling at her. She hugged me.

"You remind me of my mother." My mom said.

"Oh please not now mom. I really don't want to cry in front of everybody." I joked, hugging her. My mom laughed.

"You're a great girl, Mackenzie. Always remember that." She said, as she kissed me on the forehead and pulled back from our hug. "Anyways, I should get going. Thanks for coming, sweetheart!" My mom said, as she waved and walked away in her heals.

I caught up with Michelle, and she was looking at the sunglasses.

"Want to go get something to eat?" I asked.

She didn't respond.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, as she looked at herself in the mirror with the sunglasses on her face.