Ch. 2 The Gentle Aura

■Y/N's POV■

Days eventually turned into weeks, and by now a month passed since I broke up with Takao san. The day after that incident, I busy myself by helping out at my Auntie and Cousin's event. I was sad, but interacting with everyone at that event kinda made me forget about Takao san. But that event doesn't last long, after all, it ended within two days.

~Fash back~
The following days it's what I fear the most because there's a chance I'll see Takao san at School. Though we're not in the same class, his class is right next to mine, as I have to walk past his class when I head to mine. As I stepped into the locker room, my mind drifted to the day we broke up. Thankfully I don't see him in this particular place, but I just can't seem to calm down yet.

The moment I stepped onto our floor, there he is, standing in front of his class. Right next to him are his classmates and The one that he loves. Takao san looks my way and our eyes meet. I can see his eyes widen a little but I look away. My feet became heavy, but someone grabs my hand and I look at my best friend Nonoka.

Nonoka: think of that piece of shit as a ghost... there's nothing there... let's go...

Nonoka pulls me to walk with her, as we're getting closer I shut my eyes and let Nonoka leads me to our class. The following days and the day after that, Nonoka always help me to avoid him, and I eventually became a little bit calmer. I tried to get the thought of him away, and Nonoka help me out with that.

~ends of Flashback

And just like that, a month passed without me being in contact with Takao san. I tried to keep myself busy by helping out when my auntie has another event. Right now I'm at the mall, tomorrow is Nonoka's birthday and I want to get something for her.

Y/N: what should I get her? Oh and while I'm here I should get the book for my extra class...

I look around the store, deciding whether I should buy her clothes or other things. As I'm walking around, I hear a crying voice not too far from me. I look at one of the stores, and there's a little boy, probably not older than four years old. He looks around, looking all scared, his eyes are filled with tears.

Boy: ung... Nii...?

Is he lost?

I walk closer and approach the poor boy. When he senses my presence, he takes a step back and looks alarmed.

Y/N: um hello,

Boy: hikks-

Oh no...

He looks even more terrified by now. If I approach him, he'll probably be more alarmed. So I just crouch down in front of him and talk to him in a gentle voice.

Y/N: I'm sorry for scaring you... I just want to know why this handsome boy cries...

The boy stares at me but I think he's a bit more relaxed.

Boy: nii... san... gone...

Nii san? Did he got separated from his brother...

Y/N : ah... you're separated from your brother?

As he listens to me his eyes get tearier and the tears roll down his cheeks. He nods at me but now I can hear that he started to sniffle his cries.

Boy: I... didn't listen... Nii san.. must be angy... he left...

Y/n: ah no... I'm sure he's looking for you as well...

the boy looks up at me, and I can't help my hands from reaching out to wipe his tears away. The boy flinches, but I tried to wipe his tears as gently as I could. He eventually calmed and this kind of made me happy.