Ch. 11 Small Steps

■Takao's POV■

The small connected part of our forehead, spreads warmth through my body. My hands dared to hold her trembling shoulders as I try to keep her close to me.

Will you give me another chance?

Delicate fingers placed on my chest as she pushes me away from her, sending a panh to my chest.

Takao: Y/N...

Y/N uses her hands to wipes the tears that drenching her soft cheeks.

Y/N: you are versy selfish... I... still am not over you hurting me... even though my feelings for you are still here... it's not easy for me to be with you again....

Y/N picks up her heavy looking bag from the ground. She looks up at me and I can see how she's troubled with our encounter through her eyes.

Y/N: you... broke my trust... I thought I can make you happy... but you make me realizes that I can't-

Takao: that's not true Y/N, you've made me happy! Even just being by your side... I'm already happy... it's me who rob my happiness away from myself...

Y/N: and mine...

Dub dub

Y/N stares at me and how her words pierced my heart. Yes I rob my happiness and hers. And still dared to ask for a second chance.

But... I can't really let this pass..

Takao: yess... I'm sorry... but... I'll be shameless after all...

Y/N looks at me a little confused with my words. For her, I'll beg just so I can have another small chance.

Takao: I... will even beg...

■Y/N's POV■

Takao san stares at me, and his eyes are full of feelings. I feel conflicted, I do still have feelings for him, but, I don't thinkg I can be with him again.

Y/N: I... don't want to be in a relationship again Takao san... not yet... moreover with someone who made me like this...

Takao: alright... I won't pester you ti be with me... not yet... but, don't avoid me... let me show you how I'll try to earn your trust back... so..

Takao san takes a step forward and takes my bag from my hand.

Takao: let me... at least be by your side... I...

Takao san looks troubled before saying something.

Takao: if... in the end... you ended up find someone else that you like... I... wont force my feelings on you... but... until then, at least let me have my chance to pursue you back... at least... let me be your friend... a friend that has a crush on you...

How could he say that?

Listening to Takao san, my heart is even more conflicted by now. The way he said all of that as if he meant it, it's just hard to refuse it.

Why am I still have this soft spot for him?

A friend who has a crush on someone. It was me when I was sround Takao san during his heartbreak after Mikami san leaves.

Yes I, like him first. We were classmate, I always admire him. Takao san is a cheerful and humble person. He's very playful but likes to help others.

When Mikami san left, Takao san looks down during classes. He was smilling less and I somehow want to cheer him up, out of the fact that I'm crushing on him, I just want to see the cheerful Takao san back.