16. No More Rivals (Kazuhiko's Ending)

3rd Person POV

bip bip bip

The alarm rings on the phone, Y/N slowly rise from her bed, turning it off. She gets off her bed and walks to the bathroom to get ready. After she's done getting ready, she walks to the kitchen and grab a light meal for breakfast. Y/N puts on her comfortable shoes and head out of her house.

Y/N: I'm heading out...

Right when she steps out of her house, her eyes caught the dark haired figure she's hanging out with for today.

Takao: good morning...

Y/N was surprised as she thought she will meet Takao at their meeting place, but here he is, picking her up.

Y/N: good morning Takao san...

Takao: shall we head out now?

Y/N nods her head and the two walk away from the L/N household.

Takao's POV

The traffic light shows that it's time for pedestrian to cross, among many who's crossing the street, Y/N and I walk pretty close. I see a couple right in front of us, fingers intertwined as they walk together. I look down at Y/N's hand, her soft skin flushed to the cold weather, how I wish I have the right to just grab it and hold it in mine.

we arrived at our destination, the cinema is quite packed on Sunday. We got our tickets and get in the line to grab popcorns. We talk as we wait for the movie to start, she asked about my basketball practice and the nearest competition, while I ask literally anything that I want to know about her, beside the thing related to Ozawa.

They hung out yesterday... is it a date? where did they go?

As our movie finally start, Y/N looks immersed in what we watch. I do enjoy the movie, but I just can't help but to glance at her once in a while just to see what kind of reaction she made. It's a movie about superheroes, there are many action scenes, and she looks excited whenever the heroes are in action.

The movie finally ends, and we gather our stuff and head out. We decided to eat lunch at a nearby restaurant. On our walk, we talk about the movie. Y/N is a bit dejected that one of her favorite characters dies as he sacrifices himself.

Y/N: it's just... it's really sad that they had to lost him.

You really are a softie at time...

Takao: but thanks to him, he got to protect many, including his loved one...

We talk and finally reach the restaurant, we order our food and eat, conversing a bit before deciding to head to another place. Now we walk to the local park, there are many people here. A family going on a picnic, a couple on a date, friends having fun, and some guys who jogs around.

The seats under the big tree are full, well of course it's the best place in this park. Y/N and I decided to sit on the lawn near the lake. We've talk about a lot of things but there is still one thing that bothers me. I though by coming here, the place where I asked her out, the place where we shared our first kiss, I can ease my worry about her being another's as we have so many memories in this very place.

It's not... I can't help but feel anxious...

When the sky turns darker with a slight orange streak lies here in there, people start to leave the park, probably heading home or go to their next destination.

Y/N looks at her phone and then texting someone.

Y/N: let's go back now.... And I want to say something to you Takao san...