Chapter 19

I'm back in the hallway. No wind this time. Everything is eerily silent. There's light at one end of the hallway and a dim glow at the other end. Through the dim glow, I make out the silhouette of a grassy field, where I assume the spaceship crashed. Squinting my eyes, I attempt to seek out anything that looks familiar but I see nothing except the tips of grass and the sky. I walk towards the outside but, just like last time, it doesn't do any good. The closer I walk towards it, the further it appears to be.

Sighing frustratedly, I reluctantly turn around and pad towards the brighter light. Just like last time, I close my eyes and tense up as I step through. Opening my eyes slowly, they almost pop out of my skull when I realise the ship isn't empty this time. Zooming behind the same machine I hid behind last time, I peer out and have to bite my tongue from making any noise. The alien stalker is stood addressing a group of men, who all stare at the bare windows aimlessly. They all take up the same pose, being sat on chairs with their backs straight and their hands on their knees. 

"My search for answers has come back inconclusive but I have decided to go ahead with my initial plan," boss-man announces to his extremely cooperative crowd, "we are to get the chemical using all the brute force required, although I doubt that much will be required. The hybrid in question may have a side like mine but she is unable to use it thus far, and I highly doubt her ability to harness it well enough to stop me. Having said that I want you to leave her to me, as she may not be able to overpower me, but she will most definitely possess the control to take down your pitiful species, and my use for you all has not yet run its course. Is that understood?"

"Yes, boss," the men chorus monotonously, making my heart squeeze in sympathy for them. Not a single one of them meet Boss-man's eyes as they shout their blank response. I wonder if any of them are aware of what they're doing.

"I will track the chemicals crude signature using the navitos-field, and then I will take a few of you to retrieve it," he instructs them, "the rest of you will remain here and ready the equipment for synthesis. The quicker I get this done, the sooner I can destroy this waste of a planet."

The men nod in unison, get to their feet and march out of the building. As they walk past my spot of concealment, I notice some of them are trembling as they march in uniform. Boss-man goes silent and treads over to the control panel. From inside one of the drawers, he pulls out a box, from which he takes out a paper. I can't see what is on the paper but I hear him mumble,
"The humans will pay for what they took from me. Their punishment will fit their crime. I'll leave not a single human alive after making sure they die slowly and painfully."

I can't bear to listen to it anymore. Concealing myself behind the machine again, I sink to the ground and place a hand over my abdomen. My eyesight begins to get foggy and the room appears to cloud up, indicting I'm about to take my leave. Quickly peering around one last time, my eyes land on a board that wasn't here last time. Everything that was on the table before is now pinned up on the board in the same fashion. The information that he may have had on the hooded figure is nowhere to be seen. In the place of the hooded figure is a picture of my house, which is circled with a thick red circle.

*

Driving into university on Wednesday morning, I have a set determined look on my face. When I woke up from my dream in the morning, I wasn't even flustered. I still felt knackered, as if I never even slept, and I also felt weak, but my body is adjusting to these revelations and episodes. Numbing me from the shock and fear the previous visions would cause. Instead, I accept the fact that the visions are giving me the heads up and that I should be grateful for the insight.