3

Arthur's P.O.V
As I stayed with Sylvia I began practicing some sword moves with a stick as she say and watch me. 'Sylvia and I spent hours talking about all sorts of things when she was preparing the portal. Those hours bled into days, and those days into weeks while we spent every moment in each other's company. And while Sylvia never spoke about her own life, I slowly began to understand what sort of "person" this mysterious being was.' I thought as I talked to Sylvia while also getting better after the fall.

As I was concentrating on my manager, I opened my eyes as I watched Sylvia walk past with tmsome berries in her hand. 'Sylvia was the embodiment of the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover". Contrary to her trauma-inducing appearance, she was kind, gentle, patient, and warm.' I thought as she stopped and looked at me. "Have you had the chance to dine yet, Art? These fruits are particular savory and rarely grow elsewhere." She told me as she handed me a branch of the fruit.

'She reminded me of my mother in that she was kind and gentle... But firmly scolded me when I was wrong. I just remembered something unpleasant. There was a time where I had expressed my animosity towards the bandit.' I thought as an image of the leader of the bandits appeared in my head. 'They deserved worse deaths. If any of them made it out alive... I'm going to hunt them down.' I thought as I grited my teeth as I had an angry expression on my face.

Suddenly Sylvia flicked my forehead probably seeing my expression. The force from it cause me to fly back a bit as I hit the ground with a loud thud. "What was that for?!" I asked her I held my forehead in pain sitting up to look at her. "Art, perhaps you are not wrong in that those bandits deserve death. I chose not to save the mage you fell with for the same reason." she told me as she sat on her knees in front of me.

"Then why did you-" I asked her before she cut me off. "However... letting your heart cloud with hatred and vengeance like will only cause you harm to yourself. Instead, continue on proudly with your life with your gaze forward. You will come across misfortunes again, but don't let grief and rage corrode your mind. Learn from them and face the future with a smile. Only then will you truly be victorious... Did I flick you too hard? Does it still hurts, Art?" She asked me after as she leaned closer rubbing my forehead.

'Being lectured on morals and life by a figure that appeared to be the epitome of evil had oddly stricken me deeply.' I thought lost in thought until I hear Sylvia calling me. "Art? Art! Why don't you eat the fruit? Is something wrong?" Sylvia asked me. Her voice filled with concern towards me. "Eh! Ah! No! I-I'm fine!" I told her scratching the back of my head nervously before I started to eat the fruit in my hand. I looked at Sylvia noticing her wound started to bleed. "Sylvia! Your wound... It looks like it's getting worst!" I said as I looked at her concerned about her wound.

"Do not worry, little one. This wound festers from time to time." she stated as she looked down at me with her hand over the wound. 'Is that really the case?!' I thought as I took a bite from the fruit. "Also, I've been meaning to ask..." she said to me while I was eating the fruit. "Hmm?" I hummedd while I made sure I was finished chewing the piece in my mouth. "It was to my understanding that humans usually awaken around the age of twelve or thirteen. How have you formed your mana core, already able to utilize mana more efficiently than many full-fledged mages." she asked me as she titled her head to the side showing curiosity.

"My parents said I'm a genius!" I boasted with a proud look on my face. "Then perhaps you will be able to learn it." Sylvia said as she got up and walked away from me creating distance between us. "Learn what?" I asked her confused because why she walked away. "To mediate and absorb mana while moving, and perhaps while fighting if you're good enough." she said as dark purple mana begins to surround her body. "H-How are you doing that?" I asked her in amazement at the sight before me.