17

Third Person P.O.V
"Ladies and Gentlemen, Nobles and Adventures! May I say that it is of the highest honor for me to be here tonight! I presume all of you esteemed guests have gathered here today for one reason and one reason only. For the chance to obtain one of the rare and valuable items in this auction!" The host exclaimed as the adventures cheered loudly while the nobles clapped their hands. "But before we begin, if everyone I'm the audience would kindly turn to face the south." The host said raising his hand upwards. "Please join me in welcoming a few exceeding important figures who have blessed us with their presence... The very King and Queen of Saplin!" The host announced as Blaine and Priscilla waved at them. The crowd stood up turning towards them before bowing.

"Next but certainly not least, the man who had made this whole event possible! Please give a big round of applause for Vincent Helstea!" The host said as Vincent stood and bowed to them as the clapped for him. 'This sort of reminds me of my past life...' Arthur thought as he gave a smile, reminiscing while he clapped before shaking his head. 'No. I'm not a king any more. Hell... I haven't even gone through puberty yet.' He thought as he sighed at that thought. Arthur, with the help of Alastair managed to help him steal alcohol when no one was looking at them. 'So, she's a conjurer.' Arthur thought as he stared at the queen noticing her wand on her side.

'And the fact I couldn't sense her Mana means she is either carrying an artifact to hide it or... She's at a level high enough where I can't sense it.' Arthur thought as the Queen glanced at him before giving him a soft smile. 'Geh! I never really thought about it before, but it's interesting how I don't feel any attraction to the Queen... Or any older woman for that matter, even though they're in the same age range I was before I died. It might be because they're my mother's age... But it's not like I find younger girls attractive either...' Arthur thought as Tessia, Lilia and the Princess came to mind. As he thought about Rose, he couldn't help but blush as he thought of her beautiful smile.

"Psst, Arthur. A sword is up for auction right now. Tell me if you want it so I can put it in my bid. And don't worry about the price. Perks of being the owner of this place!" Vincent said as he leaned to Arthur winking at him. "This shortsword was forged by a mastersmith who walso a fire artificer! Imbued above the handle is the core of a mighty Thunder Hawk!" The announcer said as they took the cloth covering the case to reveal the sword. "Reinforcing this masterful sword with just a bit of mana will produce currents f electricity around the edge of its blade. Enhancing its cutting power and even exuding a paralyzing effect! The bidding will start at fifty gold!" The announcer said as the audience began to vote starting from 51.

'A modest house in Xyrus could fetch at least a single gold coin. But an average family back in our hometown of Ashber could live just fine on a handful of copper coins a day. Just the opening bid for this sword could provide a modest living for a family for over two hundred fifty years.' Arthur thought in disbelief. "So? Is it to your liking? I know it's a little big now but a sword with an elemental ability is hard to come by." Vincent said as he leaned over the chair besides Arthur. "It sounds like a powerful weapon but... Not something I need. I'd prefer something a little less unique." Arthur told him. "Yeah, I thought so. Why play with a spark when you can wield lightning itself, right?" Vincent said winking at Arthur. "Anyway, this is just that the beginning, and even if you don't find anything you like... I managed to find all of the other items you wanted." Vincent told him.

"Oh? You even managed to find a voice-altering mask?" Arthur asked surprised as he turned to him. "Who do you think I am? Even the coat I got you is made from a Nightmare Fox! It has the ability to obscure your presence from unsuspecting eyes. It seemed like something you would want so I snatched it while I could." Vincent said proudly as Arthur smiled at him. "That's more than I had hoped." Arthur told him. "Just stay safe. I'm the one who'll have to deal with your family if anything happens to you, you know." Vincent told him as the smile never left Arthur's face. "I heard you say Nightmare Fox. I need one as my familiar. They're so cool." Alaister said as he rushed towards them catching them by surprise. "You think they have the cores for them to have one?" He asked looking at Vincent who pushed his glasses up nervously. "T-They might... I can look into it if you'd like." Vincent said as Alaister eyes sparkled causing them to flinch.