15

Third Person P.O.V
Vincent sat in his office writing in his book before he heard a knock on the door. "Oh Arthur! You just missed your father! He's at the Auction House right now." Vincent said noticing the young male Leywin outside his door. "Actually, I came here to speak with you regarding a certain matter. May I come in?" Arthur asked him with a smile on his face. "S-Sure..." Vincent confused by what he wanted to speak about.

"Would stuff like this really be appropriate for the 10-year anniversary event?" Alice asked Tabitha as they stood in front of a stall. "I'm telling you, a lot of the noble ladies absolutely adored the centerpiece you made." Tabitha said as she looked at Alice. "What? How did anyone even see those?" Alice asked staring at a necklace that she held in her hand. "I stole a few from the house and used them to decorate the private viewing room at our Auction House." Tabitha responded with a smile as she gave Alice a thumbs up.

"You did what?! Those were just cheap little ornaments I made in my free time! That's so embarrassing." Alice said as she looked at Tabitha surprised before hiding her blushing face. Lilia looked to the side noticing Eleanor kicking a rock with a bored expression. "Why are you pouting? Are you mad?" Lilia asked Eleanor as she poked her cheek. "Brudher didn't come shopping with Ellie." Eleanor said as she looked away from Lilia. "But I came here with you. I see now... I guess now that your brother is here, I'm not important to Ellie anymore..." Lilia said as she looked away from Eleanor.

"Wha? N-No! Lilia is Lilia, and brudher is brudher!" Eleanor said to her trembling slightly. "You said that you loved me the best, but now that your big brother is here, you can just throw me aw-" Lilia said as Eleanor stared at her about to cry. However she was interrupted by getting chopped I'm her head by her mother's hand. "Why are you giving Ellie such a hard time!" Tabitha asked her daughter as she stared at her sternly. "Oww! Mom! I was just teasing her because all Ellie has been thinking about these days is Arthur." Lilia explained pointing towards Ellie who had teary eyes staring at Tabitha.

"Really? Because to your mother, it looks like Ellie isn't the only one thinking about Arthur. Could it be that my daughter has her first little crush?" Tabitha asked as Alice stared at them surprised. "What are you even saying Mom?! He's just a big weirdo!" She shouted blushing as her mom laughed. "I thought you said kids my age couldn't be mages. That's why I'm still patiently waiting to awaken... But, Arthur... Arthur is already a mage that's stronger than a lot of adults. It's not fair... I want to be a mage too and make you guys happy." Lilia told her Mom as her eyes started to brim with tears. Alice and Tabitha looked at each other unable to speek before Mrs. Leywin walked to her.

"I know it's hard not to, but you shouldn't compare yourself to Arthur, Lilia. I'm sure you know from kids your age at school that Arthur is the one that's... different." Alice explained smiling at Lilia. "B-But how did he get so strong? Did you or Mr. Leywin train him and if you did, can you help me train too?" Lilia asked looking up at Alice. "Aside from the little sword training that Mr. Leywin did for Arthur, we didn't do anything." Alice said catching Tabitha by surprise. "Nothing? I get that he's a very gifted child, but aren't we missing pieces of the story here? Ah, sorry about that. I don't mean to pry." Tabitha asked shocked by what her friend said but also worried she may have offended her.

"It's nothing, I'm grateful that you guys care so much. To tell you the truth, Rey and I both know Arthur is hiding something from us." Alice said completely dismissing any concerns Tabitha had. "Then why don't you ask him about everything? Like how did he get so strong while he was away, and how even before the bandit attack, he was so skilled with the sword. If I'm this curious I'm sure you and Rey are both dying to know." Tabitha asked her curiously. "Of course, but I trust that there's a good reason why he's not telling us everything. I figured giving him space and supporting him until he's comfortable enough to tell us himself is what it means to be a parent." Alice patting Lilia's head who stared down sadly. Tabitha stared at her friend shrugging as they walked away.