Realisation

Important authors note at the bottom

I had spent a good majority of the night just gazing out into the stars as if I could gain any answers. I knew that Klaus knew something that I didn't, but what it could be I couldn't figure out and it didn't help that he had just disappeared. The sun had risen a while ago but I couldn't leave I still had so much to think about, but then I just remembered how worried my sister must be about me not coming home last night.  

Almost on cue I got a message from Damon saying that I was needed at the boarding house and that it was important. I didn't want to leave but I knew that if it was important I had to. After a long walk down from the ledge I made my way to the boarding house, which conveniently, wasn't to far away.

Once I got to the house the door was open so I walked straight in. I could here a lot of arguing coming from the living room so I made my way there. Jenna was there and so was Alaric the first one to notice me out of the two was Jenna. "Izzy your here?" I could then hear more foot steps and saw Elena, Damon and Stefan.

Elena came rushing towards me and engulfed me in a hug. "Thank god your ok when you didn't come back last night I-" I cut her off saying, "hey I'm okay I just, just needed some time to think through some things." On the last part I glanced over at Elijah and he knew what I meant. They all turned to Alaric and I did the same. "Klaus gave me a message, the sacrifice happens tonight and when he comes he want's both Elena and...." He paused for a second until Elijah spoke up "What else could my brother possibly want?" His voice only held curiosity as far as I could tell. "....and he wants Isabella."

Everyone held confused expression, but mine was just perplexed. If Klaus wanted me then why didn't he do anything last night. Damon stepped forward. "What could he possibly want with Rapunzel here." I turned my head to him and gave him a glare. "look I don't know, he didn't mention anything else." Elena grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs into what I'm guessing is Damons room.

"Elena are you ok." She stared at me with a blank face for a few seconds before she answered "yeh I'm just worried. What would Klaus want with you?" The thought of telling her what happened last night only briefly crossed my mind. I didn't feel comfortable talking to her about it so I replied "I'm as lost as the rest of you." A few minutes passed by until Damon walked through the door. 

Him and Elena started talking and I honestly wasn't that bothered until I heard muffled cries coming from behind me. I turned around to see Damon feeding Elena his blood. Elena's face was a mix of shock, fear, but also pain. When Damon removed his wrist from Elena he was frown across the room by Stefan. The two fought while my sister was trying to get up from the floor. 

Suddenly Damon had pierced Stefan with a stick of wood and came speeding towards me. What came next was a blur to me, my vision started to fog and I could feel my self begin to lose consciousness.

I started to wake up feeling like someone had hit me over the head. When I opened my eyes I could see the out line of someone sitting in front of me, when I looked closer Elijah was now kneeling there beside me.

"Elijah what are you doing here where's everyone else." I started to sit up as Elijah explained "Jenna and your friend Alaric left before everyone else and I believe that Stefan will be with your sister for the rest of the day." I nodded my head in thanks, but as the head ache started to come back I wish I hadn't. "Isabella do you remember what happened?" 

I had to think for a minute, but then it all came back and only one thing was on my mind. I got off the couch and started making my way to the front door. "I'm going to kill him." I didn't get far before Elijah was standing in front of me. "I wouldn't advise you to go after Damon." I looked at Elijah with anger burning in me and said, "He fed me his blood and nocked me out Elijah, I think that's cause enough."

Elijah's face seemed to become confused once I had finished my small rant. "No one mentioned anyone nocking you out." My anger started to dwindle and was replaced with confusion, if Damon didn't knock me out then how did I grow unconscious. "Wait if Damon didn't knock me out then how did I lose consciousness?"

Elijah guided me back over to the couch I woke up on and sat next to me. "I believe I have a way I can help with that." He brought his hands up to the side of my head and out of instinct I flinched away from him. "You can trust me Isabella." He hadn't ever given me a reason not to trust him, which is saying a lot seeing as I've only know him for a day. 

When his hands connected with the side of my head, flashes appeared in my mind. It felt like forever, but just before it ended a flash of me and Klaus at stars ledge came to mind and I knew Elijah had seen it. "It seems that your body's response to the vampire blood was to not react at all and that's why you fell unconscious." I nodded my head and started making my way to the kitchen so I could get a drink, but Elijah's voice stopped me in my tracks. "There was something else I saw, you and my brother." I turned back around to look at Elijah. He kept his gaze on me as he spoke again. "Care to tell me."

I knew there was no way I was going to get out of this so I walked back to the couch and sat down. "What do you want to know about it?" He gave a sigh and answered. "How about we start with why my brother was there?" I thought back to it and answered. "He promised me at the dance he'd see me again. All we did was talk, he told me that I was strong and like him. I didn't know what he meant and I didn't ask." Thinking over last night again brought a small smile to my face and made me feel something weird that I couldn't place, but I knew it wasn't a bad feeling. 

I think Elijah saw my smile and the way I seemed to be lost in thought because he stood up and said, "you care for my brother." I tried to deny it, but Elijah shut it down. "Don't deny it Isabella you may not be able to see it, but I can tell and no matter how much I hate to say this, I'm glad you care for my brother not many do." With that he had left and I was alone in the boarding house knowing my sister might die tonight, but one thing I finally knew for certain was, I did care for Klaus.

A/N hi guys hope you enjoyed. I need to ask, do I end this book after Jenna's funeral or do I carrie it on until prank night. Please tell me what you think in the comment's.