A Night of Loss

A/N Here's the long awaited final chapter.

I had been sat in the boarding house for a few hours now and the sun had set not to long ago. I heard voices coming from out side and realised it must be Elena and Stefan. I got up off the couch and made my way to the door. When I opened the door I saw Elena and Stefan standing there talking to someone. I tried to focus on who it was when I saw Elena walking away from Stefan and then I just realised, it was Klaus.

I ran past Stefan and shouted "Elena." The two of them turned around and I saw a smirk grow on his face. "Ah Isabella I was wondering where you were. Well not to worry just gonna send Elena off then I'll be back for you." Before I could say or do anything the two of them were gone. I didn't realise I was crying till Stefan came over and embraced me in a hug. 

We made our way back inside the boarding house after Stefan having to drag me inside. I sat there in the living area just letting my mind wander. I didn't know how long had passed until there was a sound of a door being opened behind me. Stefan immediately sat up from the sofa he was sitting in across from me on. 

I didn't need to look to know who its was when they spoke. "Ready to go love." Stefan was ready to pounce on Klaus until I stood up. "Stefan no, you need to stay here." After a second of thought he nodded his head. I turned around to see Klaus waiting patiently for me. As I started walking he extended his hand for me to take.

Once our hands connected I felt a warmth spread through me and it helped calm my nerves. We walked to the door and made our way outside. Once outside klaus looked at me and said in a calm voice "hold on." I looked into his eyes that only showed truth and against everything I trusted him. 

I closed my eyes and felt my self being slightly lifted off the ground. When my feet reconnected with the ground I turned my head around to see we were standing in the forest. I still held on to klaus' hand as he started to walk. My feet soon picked up pace and we made our way along the small path.

Up ahead I could see what seemed to be flames and knew that we couldn't be far. We reached the edge of the forest to see a clearing lit with torches. I could see three rings of fire and in each I could make out the silhouette of a person. 

The closer we came I could hear someone shout, "my duty is to Klaus, the new order." I paid no mind to what Klaus said because a figure in one of the circles had caught my attention. "Elena." I shouted as I ran from Klaus and over to Elena. I didn't care about the fire that had no doubt burnt my hands, my only focus was on my sister. 

"Izzy, oh my god your hands." I looked down to were I could feel the pain of the fire. My hands were covered in burns, but I just shook my head and said "I'm fine." I Heard a voice coming from my right. I turned my head for my eye's to only well up with tears and not because of the flames. There in a circle of fire stood Jenna. 

"Jenna. What, why are you here." Her head fell down and slowly rose as she said "I'm a vampire." The tears I had tried so hard to hold back began fall down my cheeks as a sob escaped my lips. "Now look at this a family together at deaths door. Rather poetic." Klaus walked over to me and pulled me back out of the fire. 

I stood there not being able to move, nor speak until Klaus lifted my hand's up to examine. "Well isn't this interesting." I looked down to see the burn marks heeling over and as only a few seconds passed my hand's were completely healed. "How." Klaus lifted my face up so I was looking into his eye's and said "if I'm rite I'll explain later love." 

The ring around the third women disappeared as Klaus whispered in my ear. "Stay here." As I tried to move an invisible barrier seemed to be preventing me from going anywhere. I watched as Klaus turned the withering women onto her back and brought his hand down to her chest as he ripped out her heart.

I started to hear Jenna speaking so I turned my head to be facing her and Elena. By the time I had entered the conversation Jenna had turned to look at me. "Izzy, I want you stay safe and no matter what anyone tells you, you are strong and you can make it through anything as long as you never lose who you are."

More tears started to fall as she said this and all I could do was nod my head. Klaus came forward walking towards Jenna as I said "Klaus please don't do this. If you have to use a vampire then turn and use me. Just let Jenna go." He turned his gaze on to me and started walking towards me.

Some how he was able to walk through the invisible barrier that surrounded me. He reached his hand up to cup my cheek. "I would never dream of killing you Isabella, you I care to much for." he leaned his head down so his forehead was laying on mine. "But this is something I must do." He bent down and kissed my forehead before looking up and walking away. 

"Well well, I don't recall you being on the guest list." I looked to were he was facing and saw Stefan standing above us on the ridge. In some way I thought I heard Stefan say "I'm here to talk." They spoke for a few more minutes and started to make there way down and over to us.

"Here we are talking about preserving a family and here's Stefan ready to grant your wish." In a flash Klaus bent down and picked up a fallen branch and stabbed Stefan in the back. "I'm afraid I have other plans for you." He broke the branch then broke Stefan's neck.

Suddenly, the fire surrounding Jenna disappeared and she stood there fear evident on her face. What happened next was all in a blur, Jenna ran from the spot over to Greta and bit her in the neck, until Klaus spend over to them with a stake in hand and through Jenna off of her. Jenna lay there on her back with her face staring at me and my sister as Klaus approached. 

I could hear Elena whisper to her 'just turn it off'. Her face then seamed to grow calmer and more at peace as Klaus stabbed the stake into her heart. The tears in my eyes began to flow heavier and my knees buckled from beneath me, as I fell to the ground a sobbing mess. 

When I looked up again I was now staring at the lifeless body of my sister and all I could do was scream. "NO!" Klaus' body started to contort in pain, but was then frown across the clearing by an unknown force.

I looked over to see Bonnie chanting with her hands raised towards Klaus. When I finally stood back up I found that the barrier incasing me had disappeared. Klaus lay screaming in pain and not knowing what I was doing my body started running towards him.

I was so close to him, but before I could reach him someone stepped towards him. After a second glance I knew it was Elijah. Klaus tried talking to his brother, but before he could finish Elijah plunged his hand into Klaus' chest. I ran towards him and stood only centimeters away. "Elijah please don't do this, please." Elijah turned his head from a pain filled Klaus to me. "He has to die Isabella. This is for my family." I took a step forward. "Not like this Elijah, not like this."

For only a second I saw sadness cross his face , but that soon disappeared. As he was about to rip Klaus' heart out, Klaus looked to his brother and said "I didn't bury them at sea. They're safe and if you kill me you'll never find them." I heard shuffling coming from behind us. I turned my head to see Bonnie with blood dripping from her nose as she continued to use her magic. 

She started speaking to me. "Izzy what are you doing get out of the way." I shook my head, I wasn't going anywhere. "Izzy I don't want to hurt you." Before I could say anything I heard someone shout behind me and then I felt like I was being picked up. For a second I felt a sharp pain hit me and then nothing. The world had gone dark. 

...................

I started to feel my self waking up. I couldn't tell what I was laying on but it felt ruff and uncomfortable. I heard voice's coming from in front of me and I slowly started to open my eyes. At first I was confused but then the fear sunk in. I was laying in the back seat of a car. "Izzy are you ok." I looked up at where the voice came from and was shocked to see Stefan. I heard another voice coming from who ever was driving the car. "Isabella, you alright there love." 

I didn't know what to say, why was I in a car with Stefan and klaus. What happened last night.   

A/N Hi guy's so here it is the last chapter of the book. thank you so much to those who have enjoyed and kept reading. I have loved writing this book and hope you enjoyed reading it. Don't forget to comment and vote.