· one ·

❋ · ❋ · ❋

❋ · ❋ · ❋

There was no wave of wind, not cold nor warm in the heat of the summer. The place was bustling with people, everywhere someone turned there were either masses of them walking around, small families huddled together or groups just standing and watching. All of them were surrounded by buildings upon buildings and structures, and monuments that were vibrant with every colour imaginable. All of them were built from broken ceramic pieces and were a three-dimensional form of mosaics. All of this could describe one of the people's favourite places in the world; Park Güell in Barcelona. It surely was a place to be at, a place to remember and to see at least once in a lifetime.

Laura couldn't get enough of it. Her eyes flickered everywhere they could as she tried to remember every colour, every corner, every statue and every single one of the little pieces that made this place whole. A big smile that could only be put in words as awe was constantly on her features as she did a small twirl, a chuckle escaping her. All of it felt so surreal that she had to blink a couple of times through her black sunglasses and make herself believe she was actually there. The long-awaited trip she planned so long ago was happening at that same moment and the place she longed to see was right in front of her eyes.

She saw pictures on pictures of the park but nothing was like being there and seeing it on her own. To memorise it better her fingers quickly got a hold on the camera that was hung by a strap around her neck and she pushed her sunglasses up on her head to look through the objective and snap pictures. She walked a bit further and snapped some photos of the landscape behind the beautiful multicolour fence also made up from little ceramic pieces. She then stalled and carefully lowered the camera to hang freely around her neck as she looked around at the crowd of people.

It was like she was searching for someone amongst the masses of people, she had to bring her sunglasses down again because the sun was shining and making everything very bright. Her phone was stored safely in a zip-up pocket away from the danger of pocket pickers but she had to get it out to check for any messages. Then someone tapped her on the shoulder and Laura turned around with a curious glance.

"Hi, excuse me. Could you maybe take a picture of us?"

Laura had to tilt her head to look up at the guy that just spoke in a very British accent. She would lie if she didn't say it surprised her to hear someone from the UK in Barcelona where she heard only Spanish for the past two days straight. The guy was wearing black sunglasses as well and a baseball cap. Though the most prominent thing on him was the kind smile that he offered with the question. Laura looked down and noticed he was offering her his phone. She didn't know if she was quiet for too long and the guy already started thinking she doesn't speak English so she quickly smiled back.

"Yeah, of course,'' She said.

It looked like the man in front of her was taken aback by her familiar accent as well. Laura looked down and extended her hand reaching for the phone. The smile on the man didn't falter as he turned around and jogged the small space to the railing as he joined two other guys. She took her time looking at him, noticing the way muscles moved on his toned arms and his relaxed posture. He told his friends something making the two nod as Laura placed herself in front of them. The camera app was already open on the phone in Laura's hand and she pushed her glasses up again to see better on the screen.