· eleven ·

WARNING! MATURE CONTENT AHEAD!Don't read if you're not comfortable with it!

Don't read if you're not comfortable with it!

❋ · ❋ · ❋

If Ben was shocked by Laura's sudden act of bravery, he didn't really show it. In no time one of his arms wrapped around Laura's back, supporting her weight as she was leaning on him. The other hand flew up to her face, settling at the jaw. Both of their features relaxed, leaving the tension behind and giving into the kiss, as their lips started moving in sync. It was as if they already knew how to kiss each other the way the other liked it best. Laura's grip on Ben's suit tightened, her knuckles whitening the longer the kiss lasted.

Then it was as if something clicked in her mind and she stopped. She leaned away, their lips producing a smacking sound as they unlocked and she stepped flat on her feet again. Suddenly she wasn't afraid to look into Ben's eyes, she didn't want to miss his reaction. By the look of it, he was definitely stunned.

''Wow.'' He whispered, breathlessly.

Laura quirked up her lips into a smile. ''I um –'' She didn't know how to finish the sentence.

Then she turned her head to look over the shoulder, scared she'll see Calvin there but the path was completely empty. It was just the two of them. She cleared her throat and slowly let go of Ben's suit, taking half a step back.

''I don't know why I did that.'' She laughed nervously and switched glances between his eyes and the darkness behind him.

''Really? Because it looked like you knew exactly what you were doing,'' said Ben.

''Well,'' Laura cringed inside. ''It was an act of impulse. I didn't know what else to do.''

''It looked like you really wanted to avoid him.'' Ben gestured behind Laura.

She looked behind her, another spike of fear that he's still there, but he wasn't. ''True.''

''I didn't mind,'' said Ben.

Laura snapped her head back to him, her eyes widening. He was smiling playfully down at her. He reached for her hand and warmth spread through Laura at his touch.

''I didn't mind at all. Am I wrong to say that?'' He asked quieter than before.

What is going on? Laura looked suspiciously at him. ''No,'' she said slowly, not sure about it herself.

She looked down at their holding hands, how Ben's thumb was softly running over her knuckles back and forth without meaning to stop. Another gust of wind swept past them, protruding chills all the way up Laura's body and she shivered because of it. She looked to the right where the hotel was standing and remembered she still had her bag with a spare camera in there by the reception.