· five ·

❋ · ❋ · ❋

❋ · ❋ · ❋

Laura stared in the mirror solely concentrating on the lipstick in her hand to not mess up her lip line. That was the last thing she needed to complete her night-out look for the drinks that she couldn't talk herself out of. Never mind that she suggested it in the first place but once knowing her sister invited Ben and his friends, the idea didn't settle so well. She didn't have anything against it, it was just that weird feeling you get when you are so excited to go somewhere you almost become anxious and at the end of the day, you'd just rather stay at home.

A low whistle came from the doorway to the bathroom and because Laura didn't expect it her hand twitched and messed up her lipstick. ''Look at you.'' Maeve teased, eyes going up and down Laura's figure.

Laura looked at her through the mirror for a split second before fixing her lipstick, wiping the wobbly line away. ''It's nothing special.'' She dismissed.

Maeve raised her eyebrows. ''Nothing special? You look like you're about to dominate the pub we're going to.''

Laura leaned away from the mirror, finally satisfied with her makeup and looked down at her outfit. A floral dress was sitting on her shoulders with a deep cleavage cut, which sadly didn't allow her to wear a bra underneath if she didn't want it showing. The skirt of it almost reached the floor and it was flowy from the waist down, patterned with pink and red flowers. Again her eyes looked at her sister through the mirror.

''Speak for yourself, missy.'' She checked out the black bodycon dress and red lipstick on Maeve. ''If I knew you any better I would say you were trying to impress someone.''

Maeve scoffed. ''For your information, I dressed for myself.''

''Preach.'' Laura smiled. ''And you're not going to be cold in that?''

''Nope. It's almost May and I'm hot-blooded. In other words – I'll be fine.'' Maeve nudged Laura slightly aside so she could check herself out in the mirror as well.

''Suit yourself, I'm not giving you my jacket no matter how freezing it will be.'' Laura moved out of the way completely to pick up said jean jacket and throw it over her shoulder for later. She also picked up simple sandals to go with her outfit. In any other case or when she went out to drinks with friends, she would wear high heels. But there was no space in baggage for her high heels so this will have to do.

''I think I'll test my theory tonight again,'' Maeve announced as she came out of the bathroom and grabbed her purse.

''Your theory hasn't worked in any of the cafés or restaurants we've been to on this trip, Mae. You think tonight is your lucky night?'' Laura raised her eyebrows and followed suit by grabbing her belongings and leaving the room.

''Tonight's a change of scenery, a pub, different time, different atmosphere, anything can happen. My hope will die out last.'' Maeve said dramatically as she closed the door behind them.