· two ·

❋ · ❋ · ❋

❋ · ❋ · ❋

The keyboard clicked loudly as her fingertips continued to press down, formulating a text on her screen. Laura was biting her lip while concentrating on whatever she was typing before she switched the app on her computer and looked at more photos that had the potential to be edited. Her black sunglasses were pushed up on her head, making her brown shoulder-length hair be kept out of her face as she looked down at the screen. Usually, when she was concentrated on her laptop she blocked out all the noise around her but this time in particular it was so dramatic it couldn't be missed. Maeve closed her hardcover book loudly, making it snap shut and then sighed, as told before, very dramatically.

''Yes, Mae?'' Laura asked innocently but her eyes never moved off the screen.

As she decided to speak up suddenly all of the other surrounding sounds came to her. It was still very peaceful as the afternoon was slowly turning into an evening, the sky illuminated in gorgeous orange and red colours. Maeve and Laura had a long day of walking around and sightseeing and since it was not time yet for dinner at the hotel, they decided to relax by the pool outside the back of the hotel. The season of tourism hasn't even started properly yet and hotels were half empty, or most people were still out in the city by this time in the afternoon so the two girls were one of the rare ones lounging and relaxing in the warm afternoon. Well, Maeve was mainly the one relaxing.

''Aren't you scared someone is going to jump into the pool out of nowhere and splash water on your precious laptop.'' Maeve moved so she was facing her sister, feet planted on the ground next to the lounge chair.

Laura softly shook her head, her face staying expressionless. ''Maeve, I get that this is your spring break and you are on a vacation. But this is my job and I want to get some things done before we go to dinner.'' Laura tried to explain as nicely as she could. She clicked on the computer mouse a couple of more times while pressing enter.

Maeve stared at her as if she was crazy. The blonde reached over, checked her phone, closed the phone, reached towards the small table in between their lounge chairs to see if she had any of the cocktail left and frowned since there was none.

''If I'm right you are on vacation too and you were the one who planned this. Just relax, your work can wait until we're back in London.'' Maeve tried to convince her older sister.

''Have you met me?'' Laura chuckled softly and finally moved her eyes away from the computer. ''This is my life. Photography is everything and I can't not do it. That's the magic of loving your work and your career. Anyway, I'm just editing today's pictures so it's more for fun than anything else.''

At that Maeve became intrigued and she leaned closer to look and Laura turned the computer her way passing through a few pictures. Most of them were of the guys Laura met earlier that day since that was what she was currently working on and the pictures turned out beautiful.