· four ·

❋ · ❋ · ❋

❋ · ❋ · ❋

A/N: (if a dialogue is written    like this    it means it's said in Portuguese)

Laura cupped her hands around the coffee mug and brought it closer to her nose to be enveloped with the rich aroma of the beverage inside. Her eyes opened a little more just from the fact that she was smelling coffee in the morning. Once she got a sip of the bitter beverage she sighed in content. She had no idea what she would do if she had no coffee in the morning. After taking another sip she put the mug back down on the table and picked up a fork to continue eating her breakfast. Maeve and she were in the Hotel's restaurant which was redesigned as a buffet for breakfast. It was early in the morning since Laura insisted that they start their days early, and the restaurant was nearly empty. They sat in the back, Laura facing the wall and Maeve looking at the rest of the tables on the giant floor. The ceilings were covered by bright lights and two big chandeliers were hanging in the middle. Upon closer examination, if the tables and chairs were moved off to the sides it looked like a ballroom probably perfect for wedding venues. Or that was just what Laura imagined with her continuous photographer ideas. The clatter of a phone hitting the table made Laura look up and she saw Maeve nearly dropped her phone on her breakfast. The older sister stifled a chuckle when she received a curious look from Maeve.

''Where did you go yesterday when I called you?'' She asked picking her own coffee up, looking like she needed it.

Laura at first scrunched up her eyebrows but she answered nonetheless. ''I was out by the pool like I told you in the call yesterday. How much do you even remember from it?''

Maeve rubbed her make-up free eyes to rid the tiredness away. ''I remember waking up alone in the room and calling you, ending the call and then you getting back in the room. That's it.''

Laura chuckled, shaking her head.

''And why were you out by the pool?''

''Am I being illegally interrogated here by my little sister? Where's my lawyer?'' Laura joked.

Maeve rolled her eyes and picked up her phone again. ''I'm just curious.''

''I couldn't sleep so I went out for some fresh air,'' Laura answered, at last, avoiding key details that would definitely interest Maeve.

A few silent moments passed between the two sisters as they continued to eat breakfast. Calm and peace were nice from time to time, they usually talked while they were exploring the city, so when they were both sleepy in the morning Laura was usually quiet. It wasn't the case for Maeve today though.

''Did you talk to the handsome baseball cap guy anymore?'' She asked, much interest in her previously sleepy eyes.

''You know, Mae, he has a name.'' Laura deadpanned.