· seven ·

❋ · ❋ · ❋

❋ · ❋ · ❋

''Leaving already?''

Laura turned around from the reception with surprise on her features as she did not expect a voice behind her. That expression quickly turned into a smile when she saw Ben approached her. ''Yeah, sadly. Our flight leaves in two hours. I'll miss this city so much.''

The outfit on Ben clearly stated he had just been working out. The short-sleeved shirt and running shorts, not to mention he looked a little out of breath. Laura still couldn't stop admiring him, hoping he didn't notice her doing just that. She turned her head to check the sitting area of the reception, where Maeve was sprawled out on a sofa.

''How's Maeve doing?'' The concern could be heard in Ben's voice.

Laura looked back at him. ''I haven't had the time to discuss everything that happened yesterday with her, I don't even know how much she remembers. She slept up until the point when we had to leave the hotel room and is suffering this like every other hangover. With pain and immense tiredness.''

Ben offered her a sympathetic smile, eyes also travelling to where Maeve was at as if wanting to check for himself if she's alright.

''I don't know if I thanked you for coming with me this morning.'' Laura smiled.

''It seems all we do is thank each other for the past few days.'' Ben chuckled, Laura joining in as well. ''I think you did thank me already and I would gladly do it again. I'm thinking of making this my tradition from now on, to watch a sunrise once in every city I travel to.''

Laura felt the warmth spreading through her chest at those words. ''It's a nice tradition to have. Though I have to warn you to choose your morning wisely unless you have a free day afterwards you can expect to be super tired.''

''I'm used to getting up at four in the morning for hair and makeup while I'm filming,'' Ben said nonchalantly proud of himself. ''How are you holding up?''

Laura sent him a tired smile. ''Okay so far, but I'm probably going to doze off on the plane.''

''Miss Veras?'' The accented voice of the receptionist spoke behind the counter. Laura raised her brows and turned to her. ''Everything is set. The car is waiting outside to take you to the airport. Have a nice flight.''

''Thank you.'' Laura smiled kindly at her before turning back to Ben.

She wanted to take a shuddered breath as this was the moment she was dreading. It's all she could think about ever since they went each their own way after the morning walk through the city. How will I say goodbye? Should I say something else? I don't want to lose his contact.

''Well this is it, I guess.'' Laura chuckled nervously, taking one step closer. ''It has been really nice getting to know you these past few days.''