· thirteen ·

❋ · ❋ · ❋

❋ · ❋ · ❋

Laura heard a gasp when she opened the door to the car. ''Wow. Look at you! I knew that dress would kill for an occasion like this,'' said Emilia excitedly as soon as Laura sat down beside her in the car.

''Oh, stop it.'' Laura chuckled and subconsciously fixed her deep blue dress so it wouldn't get wrinkled. Earlier on when she was getting ready, Emilia face-timed her and helped her pick out something beautiful to wear.

After Emilia told the driver the address they were going to, she hugged Laura tightly. ''I missed you.''

''Em, I missed you too. But finally, I'm back in LA so as long as you don't get shipped off to another country for filming, we can see each other more often.''

''I'm going to hold you on that statement. What is it with adulthood and always promising to see each other but then never having time to?'' Emilia chuckled.

Laura shrugged but she couldn't agree more. Meeting with friends was always a problem for her, with her busy work schedule and constant promises. But she never knew how it would be in a week or two weeks. Emilia has been the most consistent with all of it and even she was usually not even in LA because of filming. The two made it work somehow. If they didn't see each other in real life, they at least face-timed often.

''So, how was England?'' Emilia turned in her seat, so she faced her friend.

''Ah, you know. Good old England, nothing different. I already kind of regret taking so much time off work. I don't even know if I'm going to survive till the end of the month with how many shoots I have scheduled.''

''But you did work at the wedding, right? So it wasn't all for nothing.'' Emilia added.

Laura's face brightened a bit. ''Yes, of course, the wedding. That was so fun and it was really beautiful.''

Emilia gave her a flat look. ''Really? That's all I get? It was fun?''

''What do you mean?'' Laura chuckled.

''Oh, I don't know, two weeks ago you were crying into the phone that Ben doesn't call you or message you and now all I get is 'it was fun'. You did see him there, didn't you?''

Laura chuckled more. ''I did. Just like I told you, I knew he was going to be there. It was his best friend's wedding.'' She was still pretty vague.

''Okay, and? Did something happen?'' Emilia edged on.

Laura shook her head. ''No. I mean we talked and it was kind of like we were back in Barcelona.''

Emilia didn't drop her inquisitory eyes and she kept staring at her friend, waiting for more.

Then Laura finally sighed. ''Ok and we danced to a couple of songs.''

''And then?''

''And then nothing. I had to go, I had a flight to LA to catch.'' Laura lied through her teeth.