· eight ·

❋ · ❋ · ❋

❋ · ❋ · ❋

Laura kept her hands in the pockets of her jacket as she walked across the square. The chilly London air swept her brown hair away from her face and at that moment it made her miss warm Barcelona and the sunny rays from there. In the distance, she spotted the restaurant and her steps became quicker. Because of traffic, she was running a little late but she let Emilia know that it will be like that. It still made her hurry up because she wanted to use all of the time with her that there was. Once inside, Laura's eyes swept over the tables and it didn't take her long to spot her best friend at the back of a not so busy dining area.

''Hello, old friend.'' This time it was Laura who jokingly greeted her.

Emilia who was holding the menu in her hands looked up with surprise in her eyes. Then her smile brightened her whole face and she squealed at the sight in front of her. Laura laughed as Emilia stood up and the two hugged.

''It's so so good to see you!'' Emilia exaggerated as they released.

''You too! This is for you from Barcelona.'' Laura held up a small gift bag and presented it to the brunette. Both of them sat down on opposite sides of the table.

''Oh Laura, you didn't have to. You always bring me back something when you travel.'' Emilia complained but her hands still grabbed for the bag and slid it closer to herself.

''And I always will. You're no different, you do that too wherever you film.'' Laura smiled.

Emilia became giddy as she opened the bag, that familiar curiosity sparkling in her eyes. She brought out a thick envelope that both already knew contained printed pictures that Laura took. As Emilia already stated once, she stored all of Laura's pictures in a special decorated box and held them dear to her heart. Those were her favourite part of the gift as she saw the beauty of cities and small details that Laura's photographer's eye sought out. There was a small key chain in a form of a gecko from Park Güell that was also inside the bag but Emilia had not brought it out yet as she took her time to check out the printed pictures in her hands.

This brought back old memories to Laura as she recalled the first time they met. Laura was just making herself a name out in the business world and she took every single job she could to make herself some money too. So all she worked on day after day after day was modelling photography. Photos for brands, for model debuts, runway photoshoots everything. It was the worst part of her career as the modelling industry wasn't exactly her taste. The models were sometimes difficult, they made all kinds of problems out of nothing and cared little to nothing for photographers.

Laura remembered fixing the set while the models changed and one of the girls failed to show up. She became agitated because in that kind of industry every minute meant a certain amount of money lost in production. Someone appeared from around the cameras, a girl also dressed to shoot but not the one Laura was waiting on. That was Emilia and she kindly asked what was taking such a long time and that's when Laura complained about the model. Emilia laughed, immediately brightening up the room and shared her own stories of difficult girls in dressing rooms and similar.