Chapter 7

*Readers pov*

You: Popping back for a smoke.

I say before reaching for the door to the backyard.

Hopper: Woah, woah, woah. You're like 11...Forget it, coming with you.

You: Suit yourself.

I leave the door open for him to come through.

I see the crew looking at us.

You: We'll be back in a minute.

I say before closing the door as Hopper walks out in time. There's two plastic chairs on the wooden floor where we both take a seat. The coldness of nature being as cold as the chair.

We both pull out a fag and put it in our mouths. I pull out mine out of my pants pocket as he pulls out his from his rough coat pocket.

I light my finger on fire and light my fag as I puff. Puff out the stress from today while thinking on how complicated this whole thing is.

Hopper: Fuck...Fuck.

He forcefully spins his lighter for no fire outcome.

Hopper: Kid.

I show him my finger on fire, he shrugs and leans closer to it with the fag in his mouth. The fire lights his fag as he leans back, puffing.

Hopper: Wow. Thanks.

We continue to puff in silence, listening to the chirping of nature. A single word could be shared and it wouldn't even ruin this great feeling.

Hopper: What now?..

You: We close the gate with Eleven.

Hopper: It could kill her.

He takes a big puff after that.

You: No other choice.

Hopper: You remind me nothing of her. You're cold-hearted and emotionless...

You: How could you know?

We both outhale tobacco in sync.

Hopper: I'm making a fair accusation.

The darkness is really relaxing to look at.

You: When you found me on that road...I really needed a cigarette.

He continues to chuckle.

Hopper: How did you end up in that lab?

You: Hop', I really, really have no idea. I been there since birth. Nothing to remember. Nothing to love. Except...

I look back at the window. Seeing no one. Weird.

Hopper: Eleven. She's really is something, huh?

You: Friends since birth although I wasn't that long with her. I was so dangerous and troublesome-

Hopper: You had to be kept down in the ground. I know, One.

You: Word gets around. I really hate the name "One". It dosen't feel right. Maybe Mike will give me a name or something.

Hopper suddenly turns his body to me.

Hopper: If Mike tries some kissy shit on Eleven, please for me, end it.

You: What do you mean?

My body slouched. One hand in my pocket.

Hopper: If Mike tries to date Eleven, do what you can to stop it. Please, One. Please. I'd rather you date her for God's sake. Please.