Peace

8 months later

The movie you were filming with the cast already finished, and you were with Aaron more than usual. He went to work with you and came home with you.

Did he already get the divorce? Maybe he did.

You woke up earlier than you intended, you sat up and looked at the window. "Damn" you took your phone from the side table and checked the time. 8:05 am, you had work in a few hours, so you had to prepare for the day.

You walked into the bathroom and did your morning routine. You washed your face, brushed your teeth, drank some water. You walked out and went down to the kitchen, walking down the stairs joyfully, you thought the place could use some music though, it was really quiet.

"Alexa, Start my playlist." you stated while passing by the small gadget. "Playing Renee's Song by Bazzi, on Amazon Music" it replied, and the music started playing.

"Much better" you stated as you walked past the living room and into the kitchen, you went to a drawer and pulled out a box of flour, alongside a pan and an electric mixer. You walked to the fridge and got eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla extract.

You placed them all on the counter and started working on what you wanted. You opened up the box of flour and poured it into the mixer, cracked a few eggs, dropped a few drops of vanilla, and poured a cup of milk. You pressed start, and the mixer started doing its job.

While that was mixing, you watched it turn into a smooth mixture little by little, the music playing in the background. You placed the pan on the stove and cut a piece of butter. You preheated the pan and let the butter melt on the pan's surface. As you were doing so, the mixer stopped, indicating that it was already finished.

You went to another shelf and got a bottle with a muzzle, much like the ones they use on hotdog stands. You removed the top and placed the bottle next to the mixer. You grabbed the bowl and poured the mixture into the bottle. To your surprise, the mixture filled up the whole bottle.

"I guess I made a little too extra" you said to yourself, but you shrugged it off with an, "Oh well" and walked over to the pan.

You squeezed the bottle to form little circles of batter on the pan. They were quick to cook, so you had to watch over them so they wouldn't burn. You did them by 10's so you could eat soon. As you were squeezing out the batter your finger touched the hot pan, causing you to jump, "Sssshit" you said to yourself, walking over to the sink to rinse the burn with cold running water.

"Damn it, and I need to wear gloves today" you cursed yourself, walking over to a drawer below the counter, opening a medkit. You grabbed some bandages and wrapped them around the edge of your finger so it wouldn't hurt as much when you wore your gloves for your bike later on.

You walked back over to the pan and checked on the little pancakes you were cooking. They were already browning, so you grabbed a spatula and flipped them, they were a perfect golden brown. You decided to repeat this process about 7 times to suffice for breakfast.

***

70 small pancakes later, you threw them into another bowl, grabbed the carton of milk, and poured it out. You opened up a drawer and got a spoon. You let out a sigh of relief and smiled, "Finally" you stated as you dug into your pancake cereal.

After a few spoons in, you heard the doorbell ring. You walked out of the kitchen, a bowl of pancake cereal in your hands. You opened up the door to see Aaron, holding up a piece of paper.