Rebuilding

Not long after your cup of coffee

You were by the bed, looking out the window when Aaron walks in. You turn your head to look at him. He just walks into the room and comes onto the bed, and lays on top of you. You wondered how much he must've wanted to feel this again. You knew you wanted it too. You wrapped your arms around him as his breaths tickled your neck along with his stubble. "Do you forgive me" he asks.

"Forgiving is the easy fight, forgetting on the other hand, quite a difficult one" You stated, closing your eyes. "I'm sorry" He replies. "There's a first time for everything" you sighed. "You don't...trust me anymore do you" he asks, his voice muffled by your neck. "I think anyone with experience wouldn't trust someone again so easily. Especially if they saw it happen with their own eyes" you said in a quiet voice. Aaron's arms tighten around you, and he moves a little closer to you. Almost like he wasn't letting you go anytime soon.

"I can't move on that quickly and pretend nothing happened" You said, your arms getting loose on Aaron. You decided to believe his side of the story. But that didn't mean that you were okay. You'd still be living with him, but you won't be doing anything like you used to. While you're moving on, it'd be best if you didn't become too touchy-touchy with him like before. You could still do normal things with him, but you weren't going to be kissing him, or taking showers with him and what not. It was for the best. For your emotions, and for the future of the relationship.

Some months have passed

It wasn't easy for you, but after all the months it took for you to move on from Aaron's cheating incident, you finally decided that you left it in the past. 11 months. The pain took 11 months to fade. It was now December, just a few days away from Christmas. You weren't smiling as much as you did back then, but you were trying. An occasional "Are you okay?" from Aaron each time he'd walk by you, trying to get you to show him affection. 

He tried his best, trying to get you to kiss him like you used to, but each time he tried, you'd turn away and the kiss would just land on your cheek. It left Aaron downhearted, he acted like nothing had happened, which was okay, since you decided not to mention anything from the past to make the current problem worse. He'd hold your hand sometimes while you stared at nothing, usually when you're sitting outside on the porch, he'd sit right next to you, lean on your shoulder and hold your hand, you refused to hold his, but you let it happen.

One night, while you were "Sleeping" You thought about the things he's been doing to make it up to you. He's been doing things he shouldn't have been doing these past months. Taking you out to places you wanted to go to when you were still the old you. Not to mention the PDA he'd give you while you were both at work in the new movie you were casted in. He'd often come over and hug you till it was time to work again. Maybe it was time you accepted things and told yourself that maybe he wasn't lying after all. 

You opened your eyes, looking out the window, staring at the stars as the moon dimmed the room with it's subtle light. Aaron was motionless as he laid beside you, his arm placed by your chest. You take it with your other one and place a pillow by his palm before you looked out the window once more. But Aaron wasn't asleep. He felt it all. Even saw it. He saw how gentle you were.

A few hours later

The sun was already shining, you were the first to wake up, as usual. You were downstairs drinking coffee. Aaron walks down from the bedroom and he looks at you confused. "Where're you going?" He asks, "Groceries" You replied, standing up from the table. You had this habit of sitting elsewhere when Aaron got to the table. So it was what he expected to happen, but it shocked him when you walked towards him to give him a kiss. A kiss he's been longing for. At that moment, he felt like he was in heaven. The happiness he gained in that moment was enough to get rid of all those days you ignored him like he was a spec of dust in the air.