Happier

You danced with him for a while, it was only for a while, though it felt like you've been dancing for hours. Perhaps what they said was true, time does go by quickly when you enjoy what you're doing.

He looked into your eyes throughout the span of time that you danced with him. His smile never faded, it was there the whole time. Yours refused to fade as well, there wasn't any pain, it stayed for moments without strain, as if it was supposed to be there, but you could care less, all you cared about, was that you've never been happier than this.

You thought you were happy when you were a kid, but nothing compares to what you felt at this very moment. The euphoria that filled you, the soft touch of his hand on yours as you danced in the large walk-in closet. "I guess this is how the cards unfold huh, me ending up with you, happy, and I hope you are too" He states, his stare never averting your eyes.

"Of course, I am, why wouldn't I be" You reply as he moved and you followed. An alarm rings in the distance, it filled the room with its loud beeping noise, "Aw, we're leaving already?" Aaron asks, his tone filled with sadness and his lips turning into a frown. "It won't be that bad, we're going to be together the whole time anyway" You state, rubbing his bicep. "I don't think so, we have to do that separate booth thing again" He replies.

"Then I'll request that my booth is moved beside yours" You state, turning off the alarm and walking to the bathroom to grab a small red box. "What's that" Aaron asks as he stares at the box intently. "Something for you" You state, opening up the box to reveal a necklace with a key as a pendant. "Why a key?" He asks. "Well, mines a lock, and the only way to open it, is with a key" You state, putting the necklace on him and inserting the key into your lock pendant.

"And a key only works with one lock. So, what I'm trying to say, is we're meant to be for each other. Without me, you'll be a useless key, and without you, and I'll be locked forever, never seeing the other side of me." You complete as you smiled and look up at him, your necklaces hanging in the middle of the both of you. The key was still inserted, and the lock was already unlocked.

"I love it" He states, looking into your eyes, before leaning in for another kiss, "I knew you would" You reply as you parted from his lips. "Now let's get going yeah?" You state once more as you walk back into the bathroom and returning the box to its drawer. "Alright then" He replies as he walks out of the closet and into the lower floor living room.

He looks around for something. Unable to find it, he shouts, "Y/n! Have you seen my keys?" As he proceeds to look for them. "It's in the bowl near the door!" You shout back from the second floor. Walking out of the room and going down shortly after. "Did you find them?" You ask as you walked towards him, your hands patting down your pockets for your phone, wallet, and keys.

"Yeah, I got them. You ready to go?" He asks. "Yeah, let's go" you reply, walking to the front door, letting Aaron walk out before locking the door and enabling the security system from inside with your phone. You walk down the path to your gate and onto the driveway, following Aaron to your cars.

"I wanna drive today" You state, walking towards your car, "No, I'll drive" He insists. "No, I want to drive" You reply, unlocking the driver's side door of your car, going inside right after. "Come on." You state, pressing the button that started the engine of your car. He stood there, arms on his waist, looking a bit disappointed and annoyed.

He went into the passenger's side and closed the door, crossing his arms on his chest after he buckles his seatbelt. You placed your arm on the armrest, your other hand on the steering wheel. You were turned to the side, looking at him with a smile. He takes a glance at you with only his eyes, and he quickly averts his gaze. "What" He states, "What's up with you" You reply.