Chapter 16__The Downward Spiral

Tyler and I were sitting in his dorm room, talking.

"So, Caroline's mom just died, she just turned off her humanity, Bonnie is officially back from the prison world, and you want to go to a rave tonight?" I asked in amusement.

Tyler shrugged. "Yeah. Why not? I mean, we don't really have anything going on here lately, and we need to do something before we lose our mind, right?" 

"Ha ha," I told him sarcastically. I thought for a moment. "Okay." 

"What?" Tyler asked. "Seriously?" 

"Okay, can you dial down on the surpise a little?" I asked. "I mean, yeah, I know that I never liked going to parties, but you're right. I need to do something otherwise I'm going to explode." 

"All right," Tyler told me. "Well, I will be right back. You know, practice squad's not gonna let me stay on the team if I'm always running late." 

"Then go," I told him. "I'll be fine. I'll just keep myself busy." 

"Oh, yeah?" Tyler asked. "Keep yourself busy how?" 

I shrugged. "I don't know." I stepped closer to him. "Something like..." I slowly kissed him. After a moment, he deepened the kiss, holding a hand to my cheek. I pulled away, smiling a small smile. "That." 

I kissed him with less hesitation, pulling him closer.

Tyler pulled away. "I think I can skip one practice." 

I smiled, kissing him more deeply, more passionate than before. The longer it went on, the more passionate it became.

My phone rang. 

I exhaled, pulling back. "Oh, you can go ahead." I looked at my phone to see that it was Damon calling. "He's supposed to be telling me when Kai will take this stupid hex away. And if it's not good news, then you're not gonna want to see what'll happen." Tyler slowly nodded, standing, walking out of the room. I hesitantly answered. "You better have good news." 

"I don't." 

"What do you mean, you don't?" 

"I mean, I don't. Listen, I have Kai over here, and talking to him, but I'm asking him for two favors here. You're one favor, and another person of this family is the other. But, of course, since I'm asking for two things, he wants one in return." 

"And what's that?" 

"He wants me to make it possible for him to talk to Bonnie so that he can apologize to her." 

I stood. "Are you serious? Bonnie's not gonna want to go within a hundred yards of him. He left her over in the prison world to rot, Damon, and you said that he shot her with an arrow. God knows what the hell else he did to her over there. Even if he apologizes, she'll never forgive him." 

"I know that, Nikki." 

"So my life, and my sanity, and my humanity are in the hands of you and a semi-psycho? Does that sound fair to you?" 

"Nikki, I need you to calm down." 

"No, I'm not gonna calm down, Damon. You said it yourself last night, that you're the reason that this happened to me, because you told a psycho what you did 20 years ago, killing a pregnant woman that had my dad's child's life twined with her own. You're the reason that I got sick in the first place. I nearly became a supernatural vampire Hunter because of you and Stefan. You turned me into a vampire. And let's not forget how many times that people have gone after me, held me captive, or tried to kill me to get to you and Stefan. And... You killed my dad."