Chapter 3__Welcome to Paradise

Sitting in my house, I took a drink of bourbon, depressed. My phone rang. I looked at it on the table top in front of me. It was Tyler.

I hadn't talked to him since Stefan had told me that he had had Tyler watch over me while he couldn't. 

I sighed, answering, not in the best of moods. "What?" 

"Nicola Salvatore answers the phone. It's a miracle. Quick question." 

"Quick answer. No." 

"Hilarious. We're having a party, and I was wondering if you could come. They'll be beer..." 

"Hm, you, me, alcohol and a college party. Why does that combination sound so familiar and terrible? Will I have to stop you from crushing another guy's trachea?" 

"In fairness, I apologized. I'm working on this okay? I watch my drinking, I avoid things that make me angry." 

"Fine. I'll come to the party." 

"Wow. That's the easiest anyone's ever had to convince you to come to a party." 

"I need a change." I hung up, sighing, speaking even though I knew he couldn't hear me anymore. "And to talk to you."

~~~~~~

I went to the swimming hole for the party, standing at the drink table with Caroline, seeing Jeremy kiss a girl that wasn't the dead Bonnie. It was the girl that Elena had attacked the other day, the one who Caroline had compelled. I thought her name was Sarah.

Another girl stood next to us. 

Caroline looked at me. "You okay?" 

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"Well, considering the last time I saw you, you punched a tree and made it fall," Caroline told me.

The girl next to me scoffed. "Must've been a small tree." 

"Not really," I told her.

Caroline looked around, opening the ice box to find it empty. "I thought I told Enzo to go get more ice." 

"Did you do it in that tone?" the girl asked. "Because I think I know why he didn't." 

"Congratulations," I told her sarcastically. "Not it's your job." I compelled her. "Go get ice." 

The girl walked away.

Jeremy stood next to us. "Aren't we supposed to be having fun?" 

"Is that why you brought your latest fling in a serious of sad attempts to pretend like you don't care about Bonnie?" I asked. "To have fun?" 

Jeremy looked effected.

Caroline got a text, turning it toward me.

Enzo: We have a problem. 

Caroline and I exchanged a look, turning toward the woods.

We heard Enzo. "Right. Cavalry's on their way. So, why don't we put a pin in our little spat till this all gets sorted, eh?" 

We heard Stefan. "No, thanks."

"You've got to be bloody kidding me," Enzo told him. "I just saved your life." 

"So you can give me a lifetime full of misery," Stefan told him. "Well, that's fine. I'm just gonna shorten the lifetime." 

When we found them, we saw Stefan, pointing a gun at Enzo.