Chapter 12__Prayer For the Dying

When I woke up, it took a minute for me to remember what happened, where I was or where I want to be.

Kai had showed me what Damon had told him about. About how Damon had killed my father's pregnant girlfriend right in front of him. About how Stefan had compelled my dad to forget about the girlfriend and the baby, and made sure that my dad would get the chance to move on and have me. 

The baby had been my unborn brother or sister.

That had been 20 years ago. 

And no one had told me. 

And Kai had practically branded my mind with all of the horrible memories of Stefan and Damon. That's all I could think about when I was with them, or even when I was sleeping last night. I just couldn't force it out of my head.

Last night, after leaving Stefan and Damon like that, I had a feeling that we would never be the same. If we even spoke to each other ever again. 

I had left my house that I hadn't been to in four months because I couldn't be around them.

So who was left to go to? 

Tyler. At Whitmore, in his dorm room. 

He had been the only one who hadn't lied to me. 

Laying in his arms, in his bed, just now waking up, I could tell he was looking at me without opening my eyes. "I would say it's creepy, you watching me while I sleep, but after everybody lied to me when you didn't, I'll say it's romantic." I opened my eyes to see him smiling a small smile. "You know, last night would have been the perfect time to make a move, with me hurt, betrayed, vulnerable. But you didn't. You've exceeded your reputation, Lockwood. You impressed even me." 

Tyler smiled a small smile. "I wouldn't take advantage of you like that. Not after what happened last night. I might have done so three years ago, but not now." 

Tyler's hand was gently holding my arm.

I slowly slid my hand up his stomach to his hand, holding it. "Which is more than some people can say for themselves." 

Tyler looked at me curiously. "What were you dreaming about?"

I looked up at him, hesitating. "When, uh... when Kai took me, he used this spell to show me what Damon had told him in the prison world. And then he showed me every bad memory of Stefan and Damon I have, and I have a lot." Tyler nodded barely in acknowledgement. "Just the way he showed me, all of the pain, all of the death and blood and..." I took a deep breath. "It... That's what I was dreaming about. Having a flashback montage from Hell. But I'll get over it." 

Tyler sighed. "Look, about what happened--"

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," I told him. 

"Do you at least want to go home?" Tyler asked.

I shook my head. "Nope. I don't want to go home." 

"Then where do you want to go?" Tyler asked. "Because, if you don't recall, you're not a student at Whitmore, and, well..."

I looked up at him, thinking. "How about Atlantis? Or like, the Sea of Tranquility?"

"On the moon?" Tyler asked.

"Mm-hmm," I hummed. Tyler sighed. "I hear it's nice there. It's very tranquil." 

"Mm-hmm," Tyler hummed sarcastically.

"Mm-hmm," I told him.

"Okay, no more sarcasm to avoid the subject," Tyler told me. "I'm serious. I mean, look, if you don't want to be home, and you don't want to be here, then where do you want to be? Pick a real place. Or you can just talk to me."