Prologue

Although I had finished all of these, I just wanted to glance through the top ones before my interview.

So in 5 hours from 3 AM, I made a new record:

Sherlock Holmes -done

Byomkesh Bakshi -done

Wonder Woman -done

Okay, she is not exactly a detective but she's female like me, and also who would say no to superpowers?

I throw out the gum I've been chewing from the last hour into the dustbin. On the bed actually.

"For god's sake can you for once go to the place I tell you to," I curse and kick the gum but it doesn't reply, maybe it's scared of me.

Cause I get scared too sometimes looking in the mirror.

Anyways, let's not talk about my looks, talk about my detective skills that I've developed by solving hundreds of cases. By watching movies actually.

Only I've been in the know of such outstanding skills. But today is the day when the world will get to witness it too.

Because today is my interview. The best private detective agency in the town (there's only one) called me for an interview and I'm more than ready.

Just some bowel movement, brushing teeth, taking shower, eating food, and dressing up is left.

I finish my daily routine, the shower part comes in weekly but still. I step out of the home and step in the cab.

The cab driver looks really sad to me. With sore red eyes, he looks like he's been crying for a week. So for the sake of humanity, I asked in an apathetic tone.

"What happened to you?"

"Cassie died last week. She was my-" he starts telling me crying. I cut him off.

"I know what you wanna say." I tap on his shoulder.

"We loved each other so much," he still continues.

Don't get me wrong. I find it easier to solve the most complex cases than solving puzzles of human emotions, especially the grief of losing someone.

I guess losing parents at the age of ten can do that to anyone.

Ah. Don't be sorry. It's been ten years now. Anyways, as I said I love to solve complex cases I thought I should ask him more about his girlfriend's death.

"How did she die? Any accident or disease?"

"No."

"Natural cause?"

"No. Actually-" I cut him off.

"I know what you wanna say." Hola! This is not a death case. It's a murder. 3...2...1 DEMON!!

Detective Mode On.

"How much blood was around her body?"

"Too much. She literally died out of blood loss."

Aha. Too much blood means not a small wound with a gun. But a nasty one with a knife also probably by an amateur.

Or by a person who cares or even loves but does it in extreme desperation. He is crying so I guess he is not happy with her being gone. So he's not the killer.

It's someone else. "Did she have a friend? I mean any special one?" I ask.

"Special friend? Yes. MAX. He's my landlord's-"

"That's it. Did they like each other? Did they spend time together?"

"Yes. They used to, in a park nearby."

I'm getting really close. Just one more question. "When did this murder happen?"

"Murder?" he gives me a confused look.

"Just answer my question. When?"

"On 14th Feb."

Damn! Ladies & gentlemen, I just hit right in the bull's eye!!!

"You're in delusion, lover boy. Your girlfriend did not die. She was murdered. All the time you've been out riding your cab, Cassie was inside your rented apartment. With your landlord's son Max-"

"What?" he interrupts me.

"Let me finish. Cassie sure liked Max but she didn't love him. She loved you. So on 14th Feb when Max proposed to her, she rejected him. Heartbroken and hot-headed Max couldn't take it. He took a kitchen knife and pierced it through her heart."

He looked at me with bigger eyes, obviously surprised by my outstanding skill.

Not exactly. If I would have waited a moment I would have not thought that.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CAR!!" He stops the car and points towards the gate behind me.

"I just solved your girlfriend's murder case. So thank me and bow at me you idiot." I say furiously getting out of the car.

"SHUT UP!! You creep. Cassie was my girlfriend's pet and Max is my landlord's puppy. On 14th Feb. Me & my girlfriend were out leaving Cassie alone in the house. She tripped on a kitchen knife and died." He slammed the car door shut and took off. Without taking the cab fare of course.

Huh! In just a few minutes he judged me as a poor girl and thought I wouldn't pay my cab fare. Why can't people be a little patient and stop jumping to conclusions?

Whatever. I turned towards the other side of the road. Oh gosh!! I was dropped at the right place, that too for free.

The detective agency was in front of my eyes. As Thanos once said, "Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives."

And my destiny is this agency. Hola!! Olivia Denver is coming.

DEMON!!!