Chapter 9

Danny Brown's POV:

I saw a demon arguing with my princess. Adrenaline kicked in and crossing the speed of light I jumped in. Not actually.

"Is this guy bothering you?" I ask her.

"Bothering. No. I loved her talent and I want her to be my girl-"

"If you utter that word till D I'll kill you," I say, patting on the demon's shoulder.

"Woh. I'm going for now. But I'll come back and take my girl," says the demon and pats towards the exit.

"Come soon. I'll have your tickets booked to hell," I say to his back and turn towards her.

"Are you okay?" I ask, a bit worried.

"Yeah. I'm totally fine."

Oops!! She is extremely cool in this almost life-threatening situation. Hey, even I got scared for a moment. Isn't she supposed to be dead scared considering she's a girl?

Woh! Don't judge me right away. I'm all in for Women Empowerment.

But this tough situation was really supposed to scare her. I guess I know why it didn't?

She's weird in a cute way.

Anyways, as it was almost closing time. I thought I'd finish up the work I've been stalling for a week now.

Disposing of Mark's dead body?

Yes! That corrupt policeman had gotten really close to me. He was blackmailing me over Sarah Greene's case. So I had acted in self-defense.

When everyone gets busy packing their bags to leave for home. I see my Princess sneaking into the kitchen thinking I didn't notice too.

Maybe she wants some privacy to talk with someone on the phone. So I leave my Princess undisturbed and walk into the storage room. In the darkest corner of the room, I turn on my phone flashlight.

The shiny white refrigerator glares in the light. Taking a black plastic bag, I put small frozen pieces into it. And as expected it doesn't stink even a little.

The decomposing dead body releases over 20 chemical compounds, while only 6 of them have strong smells. The refrigerator had slowed the decomposition and the common kitchen item baking soda had won the war over the smells.

But as soon as I walk out of the storage room with a bag in my hand, I see Robo, the double-sized chef lurking in the kitchen with a half-open gate.

While I certainly don't wanna be disturbed in my work, I can't also let him invade my Princess's privacy. So what do I do?

Should you kill him?

Ah! No, I'll have to find another chef then. That's too much of a workload. So I kiss him.

Rubbing his cheek with disgust he runs out of the alley. "I'm a straight man, Danny. How many times to tell you?"

Well Done!! Off I go to finish my pending work.

When I come back to the restaurant. "Let's get home now. Shall we?" I say gently to her and walk towards the exit. She follows me.

And again she stays silent all the way to our home until now. Well, she doesn't actually talk but sneezes.

"You caught a cold?" I take my coat out and place it on her shoulders gently.

"Yeah, a bit." She pulls the two parts of the coat closer to her.

"You're not used to such cold weather here. You should have switched rooms when I told you."

"But then you would have caught a cold." She sneezes again.

"Yeah but not that bad."

I open my room's door. She hands me the coat and turns towards the staircase. "You're not going anywhere." Ignoring, she continues to walk forward.

"I said come inside. NOW!!" I say in a voice so loud that it travels across the whole diameter of the earth and comes back to me. Not actually.

"Okay, okay no need to disturb the sleep of the whole world." She walks inside hurriedly.

Standing in the hall, she takes a glance around my flat. After noticing that my flat has only one bedroom, she sits on the couch in the hall. "I'll sleep here." She sneezes again.

She has always been so stubborn. I'm not gonna even try to win this time. "As you wish. I'll get you some soup," I say smiling, and walk into the kitchen.

In a moment, I come back with her favourite Gumbo soup. And taking the hot sips of it she makes the lovely slurping sound as always. Listening to it I get lost and die. Not actually.

As I prepare some of her favorite foods in the kitchen, she watches the funniest shows on Comedy Central. But she doesn't laugh even once.

I come back with all her favorite foods. As expected she absolutely loves it and finishes it all up in no time. I bow to my princess and say, "Pardon me, Your majesty. It's time for your dessert ice cream but I forgot to buy it."

"It's okay."

"Hahaha. I was joking. Can I really forget anything about you?"

I walk into the kitchen to take out the ice cream but when I come back she is already asleep. I put the ice cream on a tea table nearby and sit on the floor.

Her beautiful face holds my gaze and I place my head on the couch beside her face gently. The clock backstabs me and the sun comes up in just a second. Not Actually.

As the first sunray lands on her face, it makes her face heavenly and her rosy lips irresistible. So I kiss it.

She gets awake, runs into the kitchen, and VOMITS!!.

SHIT!! Did you make her pregnant with just one kiss?