Epilogue

Olivia Denver's POV:

Oh no. I just dug my own grave. My heart starts throbbing, breathings stepped up its pace.

What are you thinking, Olivia? RUN!!

I place the pizza on the couch. I turn towards the gate and run to it. But he appears in the doorframe.

You're dead.

I step backward as he keeps walking into the room. He closes the door and walks towards the couch calmly.

I release my breath. He doesn't know yet.

"Sit here," he says in a stern tone.

I slowly walk to the couch and sit beside him. He takes some band-aids out of his pocket and signals me to show my hands.

He puts three band-aids over tiny cuts made by struggles with Karlos. He opens the pizza and forwards a slice towards my mouth.

I raise my hands to get it but he holds it back pointing towards the band-aids in my hand. He moves forward the pizza and I take a bite.

I cough, being allergic to caring things like these. He magically makes a glass of water appear. Not actually. He places it on my lips and I take a sip.

"I think I need some of my favorite noodles...I still feel hungry," I say, playing Sarah and hoping he'd go to the kitchen.

"Stop trying so hard, I know you're the detective, Olivia."

"Now what? You're gonna kill me like Sarah?" I say, just a bit scared. A lot actually.

"The moments I shared with you thinking of Sarah. I fell for you, Olivia...and I didn't kill Sarah."

Oh boy!! I would have fallen for you too. If your profession had been different. Stress on if.

"You gotta stop jumping to conclusions easily. You're a detective, can't miss out on the details."

"The cops found Sarah's head in a brutal state. You have her stuff in a secret vault. Still, you have the guts to lie?"

He walks to the vault and comes back with her stuff. He plugs in the camera and shows me some pictures of drugs in massive quantities.

Great!! So he manages drug operations along with his restaurant.

He takes a long breath.

"Sarah was a journalist. She was following a drug operation. They found out and killed her brutally to set an example.

When I got her body, it was in pieces. I couldn't get over her death. So I kept it for days.

A corrupt cop Mark found out about it all. But he put the case upside down. He blamed me for killing Sarah.

So in self-defense, I got rid of him and managed to get these photos to good cops. They busted the drug operation," he explains it all in just one breath.

"But what about Emily Palmer? she's still missing."

"Her dad Ray Palmer was forcing a marriage. But she loved someone else. So she ran away but she met with a car accident.

I saved her but it was late. Her face was damaged. But she saw a new opportunity.

With a new face, she created a new identity. Emma, the waitress."

"Still doesn't clean you out. You have a long list of victims, all girls except a Denver guy." I kinda felt pity saying Denver.

"There was a girl's bachelorette party at my restaurant. Paul Denver was my chef.

The party stayed very late in the night. Something came and killed all of them," he explains calmly.

"You said something, not someone?"

"It was too fast to be called a human."

I stayed silent at his weird explanation of the mass murder.

"You think I'm lying, Olivia." He walks hurriedly into the kitchen and comes back with a knife.

"Here." He puts it in my palms and forces my hand to his throat. The knife stays inches away from his veins.

"If you think I've really killed someone. Let it sink into my veins." He looks straight into my eyes.

Looking into his eyes I recollect. He certainly became extra sweet, thinking of me as Sarah but he was kind and loving to Olivia, Beechy, and all three at the restaurant.

Reminiscing about his acts of kindness, my hands start to shiver around his throat. He lets my hands free. I pull it back.

My head gets heavy with weird but true explanations. Thinking I'm done for the day, I let my head rest over the couch.

He switches on TV to Comedy Central and leans on the couch calmly.

My heavy head slides to reach his shoulder. He puts a hand over my back and pulls me closer.

This time I laughed a little. A lot actually.

I call Ray Palmer, "Your case is solved. Your daughter is alive and well."

"Well? Is she with her lover?" he doubts.

"Yes."

"Then she's dead for me. Thanks for your help though." He hangs up.

A few minutes later, my phone rings.

"Congratulations Ms. Denver. I've another case for you. This time with salary," says Mr. Ralph in a pleasing tone.

"Thank you, Mr. Ralph."

"Something is killing people in mass gatherings at night. You gotta find it asap, Ms. Denver."

"I'll do my best." I hang up.

Well If something was for me to learn from this whole facade. It was this:

Be a little patient and don't jump to conclusions easily.

Anyways, off I go to my new case. 3..2..1

DEMON!!!