Chapter 4

But he doesn't stop and keeps driving at the same speed. Like he didn't even hear me. So I ask politely:

"BLOODY CREEP!! HEARD ME OR NOT?"

"Calm down. I didn't exactly kill her. She came in the middle of the road, in front of my car. Lost in thoughts I couldn't stop," he says calmly.

"That's exactly how people kill. LOST IN THOUGHTS!! STOP THE CAR!!" I request him again politely.

"She yells so much. Should I just make her?" he asks, turning to her ghost girlfriend.

"What are you gonna do to me?"

That was the last thing I asked him before he turned towards me with a hanky in his hand. And I slip into darkness.

"You're here." whispers no? YELLS a voice at me.

I open my eyes to see around me. I'm still in the creepy guy's car. The car is parked in front of a restaurant and it's evening.

"Where am I exactly?" I ask bewildered.

"At Danny Brown's Restaurant. Good luck to you detective," he informs.

"You know who I am?"

"Yes you're Olivia Denver," he says to me and points towards his ghost girlfriend. "She read your case file."

I don't know exactly what I should call this. Maybe a free ride?

I take my case file from mid-air probably held in hands of the ghost girl. I step out of the car and ask, "What's her name btw?"

"Laura Dunham," he says.

"Thanks for the ride Laura and Mr.?" I raise my eyebrows looking at him.

"I don't believe in names. Cause Name doesn't tell anything about the person," he says.

Okay Creep! Die in hell!! I shut the car door. Slam Actually.

I walk into the restaurant. And just when I thought the creepiness sped away in the car. I saw the name of Danny's restaurant.

The Red Diner.

Red with what Mr. Serial Killer? Blood?

I chuckle at my thought and walk to the counter. I put an order for some noodles. A lot actually.

C'mon, let me enjoy my day. The bill's gonna be covered in reimbursement from the agency.

When it arrives I enjoy each and every inch of the noodle. Okay okay, I'm here to catch a serial killer that too, the owner of this restaurant. But who'll say no to delicious noodles?

I stand up from my seat and walk to the cash counter. After finishing the noodles of course.

"We don't have a cashier today. You'll have to wait for Danny," informs the pale waiter with a Pocky nose.

I walk back and sit down. Putting my case file on the round table I take a look at his picture.

Blue ocean eyes. Light chocolate skin. Sharp razor-like chins. Rosy lips and muscular body.

OOOO!! He looks handsome and hot!!.

Stop crushing on him, Olivia. He's a serial killer.

Oh, right. But he's hot. SHUT UP!!

I turn pages to see his victims. The most recent being Emily Palmer who is still missing. Next Sarah Greene whose only head has been found.

Next are. Gwayne. Stacy. Hayley. Jennifer. Maya. Same modus operandi and location. Looked like mass murder.

Wait. All females?

What the hell!!! Is this guy on some women empowerment mission?

I turn pages more furiously, stopping my breath. A sigh of relief I take when I see: Paul Denver.

Denver? What the heck, dude. Why did it have to be a DENVER!!!

I'm just gonna kill this guy. Packing the file in the bag. I stand up and walk to the counter. Run Actually.

"Where is he?" I ask to the Pocky nose.

He points towards a narrow alley on the left. I walk straight into it. There is one room on each side of me now.

I turn the knob of the right one and push the door open wide. The room is dark except for a corner where a small tube light is flickering.

A doll-like fair girl is standing in the corner. She is dressed in a white shirt and red skirt. A monster-like man is leaning over her to kiss her. And she seems to agree with this.

Ah!! Get a room, you two!

They're actually in a room, Olivia.

I KNOW! But that's the phrase.

Anyways, I pull the door slowly so as not to disturb them and finally slam it shut with a BANG!!

I turn towards the door on my right. Skipping the drama of turning knob slowly, I just enter into it.

The room was fully lit with the lights. But I don't see anyone. Even in the corner.

"Hello? Is anybody here?" I ask, walking with light steps.

No. Because Mr. Serial Killer has killed everyone.

Haha! I laugh at my thought and walk towards a giant desk in front. Still laughing.

But the laugh and breathing both stop as I see him rise from the. Ashes?

Mr. Serial Killer is holding a giant knife in his right hand. Blood is dripping from his hand. The left hand is soaked in blood too.

Shit!! It's all a setup. He's been waiting for me. And now I'm in front of his giant knife and skilled hands.

Long story short:

I'm now dead.