💥💥Bonus💥💥

To keep the story crisp and short as per the ritual set by the first book. Some scenes were cut out. Nevertheless, they're here are to entertain you. These all are from Olivia's POV.

#01 Brick at Construction Site

I see two tall buildings on each side. Right buildings look finished as they have white primer all over them. The left building has construction going on, on the first floor. On the ground floor, I see many people working.

As I walk towards the left building, a brick appears in my way. I kick it towards my right. A worker holding a cement bag on his head appears magically. And he trips over my brick. I increase my pace walking towards the building.

After finishing the talk with Mr. Palmer I turn and I see a worker walking with the support of another coming towards me. His nose is broken and he groans in pain putting a hand over it. "Oooh, that hurt bad. Sorry man," I say to myself.

--------------------------

#02 Danny's First Appearance:

I feel a cold knife on my throat. I open my eyes to see a man sitting on my bed having his legs trapped between me from both sides.

"Who are you ?" I ask the man whose eyes and a knife are clung to my throat.

He moves his gaze and looks me into the eye. He takes the knife away from me and raises it in the air, now holding it with both hands. "Danny Brown," saying loudly he stabs the knife in my stomach.

No!!! 

I scream and wake out of my dream. My whole face is covered in sweat. I feel shivering across my whole body.

I am not that weak. I wipe my sweats with a hanky beside. This is my only chance and I'll not let it go to waste. Taking the file in my lap, I look at his profile.

Name: Danny Brown

Last Location: Lanstroop Town

Profession: Owner at The Red Diner

Real Profession: Serial Killing

--------------------------

#03 Danny's Interrogation:

I start a video from the file having Mr. Brown's Interrogation. He is sitting over a tool in front of a cop.

****Video Starts****

Cop: Mr. Brown you're acquitted with multiple homicides. A serial killer more precisely.

Danny: Baseless accusations as you don't have any evidence.

Cop: But there's a striking coincidence that people around you keep on making the list of missing persons.

Danny: Maybe they just fell down a rabbit hole.

Danny laughs like he made the best joke. Cop runs his hand over his face in desperation. Danny steps out of the room.

He comes back in a bit. "Sorry I forgot this". He takes the coffee mug on the table and walks out smiling.

****Video Ends****

I like his smile. 

What the hell am I saying? He's a serial killer. 

A charming one though.

--------------------------

#04 Olivia's Mission Brief:

I jolted my head to wave off the irrelevant thoughts and flipped the page to see a 3 step mission brief.

Get close to Danny.

Collect evidence.

Come back alive.

Will I get paid for completing just 2 steps from above? I wonder.

--------------------------

#05 Olivia's Reimbursements:

Mr. Ralph said only reimbursements. I need more clarity on that. I dial Ms. Kayden in a millisecond. "Ms. Kayden, this is Olivia. Can you let me know how I will get paid?"

"It's only the reimbursements of bills that you'll submit after the case."

Wait. Did she say after the case?

Nope, that can't be. Maybe she said in Chinese that I didn't understand so I asked her to repeat. And like a tape recorder, she didn't miss even the gaps between the words.

"Is there a problem Olivia ?" she asked as if the problems were still in a countable state.

But my resolution to make my mark only got stronger. "No there's no problem." I hang up.

After praying in front of pictures of my gods: Sherlock Holmes, Byomkesh Bakshi & Wonder Woman, I step out.

--------------------------