Chapter 7

Danny Brown's POV:

What is wrong with me?

I gave Olivia a job that's okay. But my flat for free?

I mean she looks pretty good with dark ash brown hair, light brown skin, and light green eyes. 

But dude you just met her.

Actually, I don't know what's wrong but I feel like I've known her for a long time.

Also, she's a little weird too. I mean she made up a story about Beechy getting killed to get that job. She looked happy when I gave her the job and flat but still, something was off with her.

But I'll give her this. She is weird in a cute way.

Stop this shit, Danny. You've got important stuff to do.

Yeah. Apart from going on this romantic voyage, I certainly have some important things to do. So passing a smile to Olivia I walk towards the storage room.

Okay, I get it. Passing a smile wasn't necessary but Men will be men, right?

Anyways, I open the storage room and enter into the Dark Maze. Not actually. Apart from a flickering tube light in the corner, there's no light source here.

I take out my phone and turn its flashlight on, I walk further inside. From the pile of many black plastic bags, I struggle to finally find the largest and most stinky one.

In disgust, my hand blazes towards my nose to save me from dying. Phone drops from my other hand. When I get my phone back I realize my mistake. I had tilted the bag a little and now blood spills from it.

SHIT!! This got a bit messy. I would have to fix the lights here soon.

Carrying the heavy bag in my hand I walk out of my restaurant. After two short turns, I see the dumpster. I put the bag inside and exhale a long breath.

I miss Beechy. In her free time, she used to help me with these bloody works. As I wipe my wet hands over the bag, the sound of footsteps behind startles me.

I turn back to see my new lovely employee. "Hello Olivia, were you looking for me?"

"Yes. absolutely. I've been looking for exactly this." She points towards the bag with bigger eyes and a paced breathing.

"You accidentally put something in that bag?" I ask, a little worried.

"Nope. You put intentionally. A DEAD BODY!!" She jokes but with utter seriousness on her face.

Didn't I say? She's weird in a cute way.

She walks up to the dumpster. Taking a peek in the bag she asks, "I scared you, didn't I?

"Absolutely. For a moment I thought you were referring to a man's body instead of chickens," I laugh out loud. A smile turns up around the corner of her mouth.

"I think you watch movies a lot," I say smiling. She nods. "Name your three favorites."

"Sherlock Holmes, Byomkesh Bakshi, and Wonder Woman," she replies.

"Great choice." I clap for her, praising.

"Yours?"

"The Silence of the Lambs, Gone Girl and American Psycho," I reply.

"I think a customer is calling me." She walks towards the restaurant hurriedly without praising my great choice of movies. I follow her.

After getting cleaned up I sat with her to tally today's cash and billings. She turned out to be very intelligent and devoted to her work. There wasn't a mismatch of even a cent.

"Great Job. Olivia," I praise her. She took it very lightly.

Anyways, as the clock ticks to 7, the closing time. Everyone else left except me & her. I close the restaurant and walk towards my home. She follows me.

She stays fully silent walking along with me. Maybe feeling awkward walking with a stranger I guess. So I start the chit-chat, "Where are you from?"

"Redmondville."

"I've been there once. The weather there is a bit warm."

"It gets too hot in summer. I hate it," she says disgustedly.

Hahaha!! My heavy and loud laugh gets followed by her light smile. "You want that?" I ask, pointing towards an ice cream shop.

"I..I," she murmurs. "Let's get you some," I reply and walk to the shop. She finishes two chocolate Cornettos before I even finish my half.

On reaching my two-storey building, I give her the keys to the 2nd floor. "Call me in case you need anything." Nodding she goes up.

After closing my doors, I crash on my bed. Chit chat, ice cream really I'm going too fast with her. Why am I like this?

Is she the new victim?

There's some kind of an invisible force. It's pushing me towards her. I'm absolutely clueless about what's happening.

A tap on the door halts my thoughts. I open the door to see her lovely face again. She coughs as if trying to decide what to call me.

"Mr. Brown, the fireplace is broken in my flat," she informs.

"Oh yes, I forgot. I should've got it repaired. Do you wanna switch rooms?" I ask hoping she doesn't say yes.

"It would be fine if you could give me some blankets."

"Oh, okay." I go inside and come back with some woolen blankets.

Taking the blankets in her hands she takes a glance at me with her mesmerizing light green eyes. As our eyes meet I get lost in her eyes and I die. Not actually.

I get it now. I see it clearly. Why do I like her so much just from the first glance?

Except for the eyeglasses. She looks very similar to Sarah Greene.

"Thanks," she says and walks towards the staircase.

I close my doors.

I absolutely cannot forget Sarah. Olivia has the same dark ash brown hair, light brown skin, and light green eyes.

But will she meet the same fate as her?

Murdered!! Found, only head with no eyes. Hair soaked in blood. Face turned pure white, frozen for days.

I don't know.