realisation

He wasn't slick, she could see exactly what he was playing at. And quite frankly, she was sick of it. Sick of him and his bullshit, all his stupid little mind games.

There he sat on a couch with a woman beside him, letting whatever alcohol she had in her mouth fall through her lips and into his mouth. Billie couldn't help but chuckle humourlessly despite the situation. She had been talking to that girl earlier and her breath wasn't the nicest, so for the man to guzzle down the shared alcohol from her smelly mouth was his own fault. He wanted to cheat, that's the least he gets.

With a tug on her sleeve from Y/N, Billie accepted the bottle of water being offered to her. It was Brandon's party and she didn't feel like getting drunk tonight. She needed to keep an eye on him.

Y/N thought that Billie was a very smart woman but when it came to Brandon, that brain of hers was never put to use. It especially showed when the blonde just stood and watched her boyfriend lean in and make out with another girl that wasn't her. Her face showed no emotion and she took a swig from her water bottle before spinning around to look for something stronger. Y/N grabbed her hand to halt her.

"Don't do something you'll regret."

"I won't regret this." Billie huffed, pulling her hand from Y/N and stomping over to where Brandon sat. Y/N could hardly hear over the music, but Billie asked something to make him follow. She didn't look happy, but he looked excited.

Weary of the situation and the safety for her best friend, Y/N followed after the pair quietly. Billie led them into the large studio she had in her new house and a few seconds after the door shut, Y/N pressed her ear up against it.

Billie threw herself on the spinning chair and ran a hand angrily through her hair as Brandon watched from across the room.

"We need to talk. And please promise me, Sev, you'll be cool about it. Don't yell, you know I don't like it." Billie said softly as Brandon crossed the room slowly, getting on his knees in front of the chair she sat in. He took her hands carefully.

"Of course I won't yell. I swear. What is it, baby?" He asked, trailing his fingers up Billie's arm. She tensed because she knew what he wanted. What happened every time they fought. They'd kiss, mess around under the sheets and then make up.

"Brandon, no." Billie sighed and shook her head under his gaze. Whenever she used his name, it wasn't good. "I need to break up with you."

"What do you mean?" He laughed, his grip tightening on the girl's arms. She tried to pull her away but couldn't.

"I can't do this anymore." She admitted, and she wished she hadn't. He rose to his feet quickly and pushed the chair Billie sat on against the wall. She was trapped.

"Yes you can. Come on, just let me..." His voice was quieter but Billie could still hear the darkness in it. In him. Brandon moved his harsh lips to the milky skin of Billie's throat and she couldn't even push him away, her hands still in his grip.

"Brandon, no! Not tonight." She groaned, her eyes shutting.

"Jesus, Billie! Just let me have you!" He shouted out, bringing her hands to slam into the wall behind her. He did exactly what he said he wouldn't do.

Y/N heard the anger in Brandon's voice and she opened the door to let out a gasp at the scene in front of her. The man turned his head at the gasp and Billie used this distraction to kick him. A girly yelp erupted from him as he fell to the ground, holding his crotch.

Y/N ran over to her best friend who was frozen in the chair, eyes wide and filled with fear. They didn't say anything as they left the room together, speed walking away from the dickhead that lay in the studio.

After many, many months of doubting and suspecting, Billie couldn't find the right words to tell her, or even the energy to open her mouth but right then and there, she realised she had fallen in love with her best friend.