7 minutes

"Alright, everybody. Get in a big circle." The host of the party said, making a circle in the air with his finger. The remaining people in the party started to gather in a circle and i plopped myself down where i was stood, with my best friend Harper taking a place beside me.

The host, who i think was named Ben, placed an empty beer bottle as close to the middle of our circle as possible in his drunken state. He sat at the very top of the circle and spoke his next words loudly, so everyone could hear.

"We're gonna play seven minutes in heaven. Everybody will spin, and whoever the bottle lands on, you'll go into the closet thing under my stairs. The lights have to be switched off and you'll be in there for seven minutes of course, and if anything happens that gets messy, i ain't cleaning it." He put his hands up and a few people laughed.

The last time i played this game i was 13 in Harper's bedroom. It was her birthday party and we played using a lemonade bottle. I kissed a girl that night. Her name was Bobbie or something like that, something unusual for a girl. I remember clearly though, her blue eyes and blonde hair.

"Who wants to go first?" Ben asked. The only one who put up their hand was a handsome boy beside Ben.

"Alright, Jamie. Spin it."

The boy named Jamie crawled on his knees and spun the bottle quickly, all while looking at me. I placed my hands in my lap and averted my eyes elsewhere.

"Aw, shit. So close." Jamie sighed and i looked up to see the bottle pointing directly at Harper beside me. She rolled her eyes and leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"He's excited." Sarcasm laced her tone and i let out an ugly giggle that ended with a snort. I slapped my hand across my mouth, hoping that nobody heard the noise that i let out. I scanned the circle of people quickly, only to see one female with black hair and bright red roots smirking at me. Her hair choice was...strange .

I shot the girl a playful glare and in return her head tilted to the side and her eyebrows raised with a small smile evident on her plump lips. It made me smile because her face just looked so cute and squish.

Squish?

Okay, i'm really drunk.

Beside me, Harper let out a loud groan and stood up from the circle. She followed Jamie into the closet and everybody whooped and exclaimed as the door to the closet closed. Ben set a timer on his phone for seven minutes and looked around the circle.

"We should play truth or dare while we wait." He spoke, resting his head in his hands. "I'll ask first, obviously. It's my party."

A few sounds of disappointment could be heard around the group of people but Ben shut them up.

"Okay." He looked around the circle again quickly, trying to decide who to pick. "Eilish! Truth or dare?"

"Um." The girl with the weird hair hummed in thought before she settled on a response. "Truth."

"Alright. Have you ever slept with someone of the same sex?" Ben grinned, earning a few laughs from the boys around him.

"Duh." Eilish replied with a roll of her eyes. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my lips for some reason. Why was i smiling?

A few more questions were asked and a couple more bottles were spun until it got to that girl, Eilish's turn. I was anxious for this spin for some reason. I had a weird but good feeling about it.

Eilish moved up into the centre of the circle and spun the bottle carefully. It didn't even make a full turn before it landed straight at me.

"Spin again. It's girls and boys." Some boy said from my right. A couple of people agreed but i spoke up.

"That's dumb. It's whoever it lands on." I stood up from my spot and walked towards the closet, not even looking to see if the girl was following me. I sat down in the dark room and heard the door click as it closed.

"Hey." Eilish spoke up. I couldn't see her but i felt her sit down in front of me, her knees against mine. "What's your name?"

"Y/N." I answered her question, playing with my fingers nervously. "What about you?"

"Billie." She replied.

"Cool." I nodded my head awkwardly, even though she couldn't see it. I felt Billie's hands rest on my knees.

"Well, can i kiss you?" She asked shyly, her thumb rubbing the fabric of my jeans.

I didn't answer her, i just pressed my lips to hers gently in a quick kiss. It was just a simple touch yet butterflies erupted deep in my stomach. I wanted to feel it again so i captured her bottom lip between my own and kissed her a little longer. Her lips felt familiar, like i'd kissed them before today but i knew that wasn't possible. I just met the girl. Billie's tongue boldly slid into my mouth unexpectedly and danced with my own. I could taste the alcohol on her tongue.

My hands made their way to Billie's face and i pulled her away gently as she didn't seem like giving up but i needed to breathe.

"Fuck, you're good at that." Billie rested her forehead against mine. I could feel her hot breath on my lips.

"What's your full name?" I found myself asking, not letting go of the girl's face.

"Um, Billie Eilish. Or, uh, O'Connell. Why do you ask?" She tried to silence me with a kiss but i gasped loudly in shock and caused Billie to jump slightly.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean-"

"Billie O'Connell? I'm Y/N! We kissed at my friend Harper's party years ago!" I exclaimed in happiness.

"What!?" Billie laughed joyfully, feeling around in the dark for the light switch. Once she turned it on, i was greeted with her face up close for the first time tonight. She hasn't changed a bit. Well. Apart from the hair.

Her eyes were still the same deep blue colour, though her lashes were darker with mascara. Freckles were still scattered messily around her nose. Her lips were still plump and soft.

"I can't believe this." Billie whispered, running her eyes over my face. "What are the chances?"

"I know." I laughed in disbelief. I tucked her hair behind her ears and let my hands rest on the sides of her neck.

"Wanna get out of here?" Billie asked, a smile tugging at her lips.

"For sure."