love isn't so bad

Touring is not for the faint hearted

Touring is not for the faint hearted. With its constant interrupted sleep schedules, strenuous travelling, and fatiguing performances night after night, it takes a huge toll on anyone. However, if you add in a broken heart to the mix, that would pretty much sum up Billie's entire tour experience. It was definitely taking that toll on her, but she bottled it all up inside so she wouldn't have to bother anyone else. She knew they were just as busy as her during all this, it would just be selfish.

Billie wasn't the best at hiding her emotions apparently, as her friend had taken notice of the sorrow that weighed down her misshaped brows and caused them to furrow over her eyes. The two were currently lounging around in a hotel room somewhere in Switzerland, sprawled out on a king size bed after a sensational show. No matter how well she performed, Billie still couldn't shake that lingering feeling of dread and guilt.

Hayley had been Billie's friend from the very beginning. They had a solid friendship and that never once changed, not even when Billie's life did. All her so called 'friends' seemed to come and go, but not Hayley. She was there to stay, so of course it worried her that Billie was becoming rather distant with her. Even as they lay side by side on the bed, she didn't feel like Billie was fully present with her.

"Billie." Hayley broke the thick silence with a voice so poised and confident that Billie looked a little startled. That's just how Hayley was. She was always so sure of everything, and she liked to hear things the way they were. So when she began to question Billie, she didn't want to hear any bullshit. "I can see that something's bothering you. You tell me everything, so honestly I'm a little worried why you're not talking to me about it. What's wrong?"

Billie was silent as she stared into her friend's eyes, a golden brown that was so comforting yet intimidating. How could she tell Hayley that she was what was wrong with her? How could she possibly tell her childhood friend that she had stupidly fallen in love with her after inviting her on tour? Of course, it didn't just magically happen out of the blue. Billie loved Hayley, but she was always aware of the different type of love between her and her other friends.

For example, she could always control her smile. She forced it when she needed to, she hid it in many circumstances, and she so rarely wore a genuine one. So it came as a notable shock to her every time a smile would appear at Hayley's presence, and it wasn't forced. Love often had a funny way of sneaking up on you and announcing itself when least expected. Even though it was always there right behind you, you still jumped when it presented itself to you. Billie was well aware of the huge probability that Hayley might not see her in the same romantic way. She'd thought about it for a long time. She couldn't keep it to herself anymore. If she was in Hayley's shoes, she'd want to know no matter what.

Billie was clearly becoming anxious and fidgety as she played with the ends of teal coloured hair, staring at the endless strands with cloudy eyes. Hayley yearned for a way to comfort her friend. All she could think of was resting her hand on Billie's leg, but it helped more than she thought. The gentle touch urged the confession out of Billie before her mind even registered that it was coming out of her mouth.