amused

"Billie, can you please tell me where we're going?"

The girl looked towards me with a rather annoyed expression, which was understandable because I had been asking that same exact question a lot. However, Billie point-blankly refused to give me an answer and continued to stare at the busy road in front of her. I feigned a hurt look and crossed my arms, turning to look out the window.

"Stop being annoying, baby, we're nearly there anyway." Even though she was wearing sun glasses, I knew she had paired an eye roll with that cheeky smirk plastered on her lips. Shortly after, I felt her hand being placed on my thigh. She tapped her fingers against me a couple times to get my attention and when I looked at her, she had her lips pursed comically for a kiss.

"Eyes on the road, idiot." I scolded but leaned in anyway. I grabbed a hold of the hood shielding her dyed roots so it wouldn't fall off in the process and gave her a quick kiss, careful to drop my head afterwards in case any passing cars recognised my face and put two and two
together.

I will admit that being in a relationship with a celebrity wasn't easy and we both knew that. Every kiss, every touch in public had to be secretive. To the public eye, we were simply best friends. We were Billie and Ophelia, we did everything together. I had silly little features in songs, went to award shows, toured with her. Everybody knew that, but they didn't know what went on behind closed doors. Gentle kisses and warm embraces, sharing showers and fooling around under covers. It was something that only a few selected people knew about, and it would stay that way until we were ready to spread the news publicly.

Recently, Billie and I had hit a rough patch. I was struggling with my mental health and ultimately began drifting away from Billie, a stupid part of my brain tricking me into believing she didn't love me and that I was not worthy of her heart. Billie thought that I was the one that didn't love her and so she confronted me about it. I broke down in her arms and she comforted me as we both apologised to the other for our ludicrous assumptions.

Billie then promised me that she did indeed love me and that she would take me out on a date to prove it. We hadn't been on a date in a while. Being in a steady relationship for the better part of four years caused the two of us to take things for granted, as most couples tend to do. Simple dates were what the beginnings of our relationship thrived on and now that we were a happy couple, we seemingly abandoned the tradition.

Unfortunately for me, I totally forgot how much of an idiot Billie could be when it came to dates. She never told me where we were going or what we would be doing. She loved keeping things a surprise. I, on the other hand, not so much. However, seeing the look on Billie's face as she took me to amazing places made everything worth it. So I stopped my complaining for the rest of the car ride.

During the last ten minutes of our journey, traffic was crazy. There were more cars than usual and definitely more pedestrians littering the sidewalks. It was about seven in the evening yet nearly everyone wore shorts and light t-shirts, indicating that they had been there a while. I turned to look at Billie with another questioning expression but she simply pointed a finger in front of her. A giant ferris wheel stood tall in the distance, lights shining bright in the darkening sky. I could just feel the excitement already building up in my body as I looked over at my smug girlfriend in her seat.

"Oh my god, I love you." I gushed, pressing a kiss against her cheek.

"I love you too, dork. Are you excited?" Billie's question received no response from me as a rather loud honk of a horn disturbed both of us. I'm pretty sure a 'drive, asshole' was yelled into the air too, but I could've been wrong.

Billie immediately drove on as she realised the traffic in front of her was finally moving along nicely.

"I told you to keep your eyes on the road." I informed her, to which she grinned.