Chapter 20: Stories pt2

Midgard-------->

"So, now YOU want MY help to SAVE Jane? Surprised you even asked since you couldv'e just manipulate me into helping you. I still don't understand how you are not dead, I mean give me a reason to trust you!", Professor Selvig angrily declared, glaring at a tired Loki, "Hey, now is not the time to fall asleep!". The Prince jumped up, fluttering his eyes to stay awake. "Look Selvig, I apologize for the New York fiasco. I don't manipulate anyone anymore and even if I did, I wouldn't need the scepter. That phase of my life is temporarily over, there a more important things to discuss. I can't give you a reason to trust me, but I can bring you to Asgard where the Avengers and Darcy are waiting for you. We really need your help to save her, it would mean a lot!", he pleaded. Erik poured himself a cup of coffee while still steadily holding the gun. he walked around the room and looked out the window. It was raining outside and the raindrops were crashing against the window making a rattling sound. He turned around and looked at the desperate black-haired man. "Why are you so concerned about Jane anyways? Is there something I should know about?", he asked curiously, sounding threatening to say the least. The question surprised Loki and he nervously started sweating, but he tried to stay calm. "No reason, she's my friend and I'm as concerned as the Avengers for her well-being.". Erik slowly nodded and said:"Okay, because I wouldn't approve of anything else.". The God gulped, he had to admit the crazy scientist was a bit terrifying . He couldn't even imagine what Selvig would do if he found out. Loki looked up to the sky and called Skurge, whom immediately answered, doing his job for once. The Prince was once again engulfed by the rainbow bridge, linking the two realms and many others.

At their arrival in Asgard, the Trickster introduced the Guard and Scientist to eachother before proceeding to walk to the palace, but at the end of the bridge he was mysteriously greeten by Steve and Bruce. They were hesitantly acting weird and glancing at eachother when Steve finally took action. "Welcome back Loki, we have kind of a weird question for you. Would you by any chance remember someone called Lucifer?", he nervously asked him. The Prince froze, clenching his fists. All his memories of her suddenly came rushing back to him and it made him almost feel dizzy. "Vaguely.", he whispered frantically, coming back to reality. "Can you tell us what happened between you?", Bruce carefully proposed. The last thing he wanted to do was agravate the God even more. Loki sat down on a bench, the others followed his example; sitting down around him like a bunch of children listening to a fairytale.

Once upon a time in the realm of Asgard was a girl called Lucifer. She was a special girl for she was born with beautiful black wings. Asgards youngest prince, Loki, was so intrigued by these rumours that he sought her out among the numerous girls inlove with his brother, but she wasn't there. Lucy was inlove with the God of Mischief, not his lousy brother. She saw him as, not only as the love of her life, but also as her mentor. The first time Loki saw her among the people that preferred him over his brother, he was blinded by her beauty. When they met for the first time it was like love at first sight. Lucifer convinced the Prince that he should play more pranks and be more mischievious  since he was supposed to be the God of it. They got in more and more trouble over time and the Prince would be the only one facing the consequences and being blamed since he was the God of Mischief. People used this fact as an excuse for anything that happened in Asgard, it almost turned into a tradition. Who could blame the beautiful and innocent Lucy anyway?  Loki decided to adress this with his newfound love while they were on a date on the highest balcony of Asgard. They started to fight and Lucy jumped of the balcony, deciding she didn't want to deal with the problem and wanting to fly off. Loki wanted to pull her back, but instead made her lose balance. So she fell down instead of flied and when she fell into the arms of young warrior Sif, she told her Loki had pushed her. They became best friends and Loki and Sif; rivals. After one year into their relationship Loki witnessed Lucy throwing a 10-year old in a lavapit behind the palace. he was able to save the girl and miraculously she survived, but her clothes had melted off due to the heat  and had caused severe burns. While the girl exited through a secret passage Loki showed her, Lucy managed to set him up out of Anger since he had spoiled her fun. So she melted her own clothes in the lava, getting burns from them. The illusionist couldn't believe his eyes and angrily stomped away and left through the main entrance, not knowing his delusional girlfriend was following him. The time that he got outside it was too late, most of the people had already seen her naked and with burns, so they decided there was only one possible explanation; they then continued the so-called tradition. Who better to be blamed than the troubled young prince? That was the moment Loki told himself  she had gone crazy, but he waited around to see what would happen next. After a few months more of getting away with everything, Loki discovered she had been cheating on him since the start with numerous different people. He was shocked and traumatized, she had been his first real girlfriend and he thought to himself; if this is love, I don't want it. So crying, he ran to his father and told him what happened. Reluctantly, odin passed word to his guards to arrest her and her father. They were taken to the dungeons for the ritual. Thor was there, waiting to support his little brother whom he loved very much. As everyone was there and everything was set, odin said: "I, Odin, God of War and King of Asgard, bannish you to the void to rule on your own with your father. You harmed my son, The Prince's, feelings which is a clear violation of our rules. A Crime.". It was very quiet in the room until Loki looked Lucifer in the eyes and with a shaky voice he steadily said: "Cut off her wings. I don't want her to come back.". The Guards did as told and his ex-lover quickly dissapeared. Yes, the Trickster was devastated, but rather than sit around and cry he stayed active, not wanting to deal with his feelings. It didn't take him long to get over her, although it stayed a trauma to him. He had changed because of her, he became and actual God of Mischief; strong and wicked, but incapable of love.