Chapter 14: Ice Giants

Natasha picked up a little stone and threw it into the next tunnel so that guard would be shortly distracted. Loki snuck over next to another ice giant and created the illusion he had a pickaxe in hand. The Kvonarea guard turned around again, "Hey you there! You weren't here before, who are you?!", he yelled, pointing at the Prince. "Don't you know it's rude to point?", the Trickster asked him politely. "I'll show you rude! You'll learn not to speak back at me!", the guard yelled again. He lifted his right hand in the air with the whip when suddenly an ivisible force stopped him, took the whip out of the mans hand and slammed the man into the wall, where the unconscious and motionless body lay. 

Loki stopped the illusion with the pickaxe and Tony and Natasha came out of there hiding spots. They tied the man to the ice with a rope and the God uncuffed the other ice creatures. "Who are you? You're not one of us, you are to small and you did whatever that was, but you look like us...", one of the Giants said in a deep voice. "I'm half Ice Giant.", the Prince answered. They still eyed him suspiciously, hesitating if he was trustworthy or not. The Trickster also turned back into his human self and the rags, he was dressed in, dissapeared. 

"What is this place?", Natasha asked them calmly. "It's a Zohelb mine, isn't it obvious?", one of them said. They were five in total. "I have a feeling we can trust you. My name is Acra and this is Viventem. What are you doing here?", the female Ice Giant insisted. She had pointed at the male from earlier, they were the two biggest of the lot. "My planet was attacked by these creatures and their leader killed my brother and their friend. I'd like to avenge him. Would you maybe know if Nathan is here sometimes?", Loki asked them in determination. They looked at eachother confusingly, "Who is Nathan", Viventem asked. "Their leader. Is he here sometimes?", Tony finally declared. The smallest of the Giants jumped up and hid behind Acra. They had never seen anything like Iron Man before. "Uhm no..he's never here, this is the lowest branch of their society. The High folks would never come here, why would they? They have people to come here and inspect for them.", Acra sighed. "What did you say your names were again?". The Ice Giants curiously surrounded them, they were easily distracted from conversations. 

"I'm Tony Stark", Iron Man said. "I'm Natasha... Romanova.", Black Widow smiled. "And I'm Loki..Odinson. We didn't say our names before, pardon us.", the God said. Their eyes widened in curiosity. "It seems so familiar to me...Odin..he's an old enemy of us, Ice Giants. It's such a coincidence that your surname ressembles his name.", Viventem wondered. "I'm his youngest son. I was born here and he found me here, abandoned on the streets. He took me home and it is where I learned my magic. My original name is Loki Laufeyson.", he sighed. 

They had no time to respond because suddenly they heard footsteps coming from the second tunnel. "Oh no, it's inspection day...", one of the ice giants blurted, "Hurry we have to get out of here!", Natasha said. "No! We stay here, you helped us now it's our turn to help you! Acra go with them, show them Myra! You'll be safe!", Viventem cried. "Don't be stupid now, no need to fight them off and risk your lives. Can you please all step away from the tunnel?", Stark said and they did as they were told. With his blasters he shot the ice above the entrance of the tunnel and the big piece of ice collapsed right before the Kvonarea arrived. 

"Come on, hurry!", the spy insisted and they followed her to the Hall. The Ourae was no where to be seen. "Run everyone! The Ourae might be back soon!", they ran out of the hall and through the hole Tony had made earlier. "This way!", Acra gestured and they entered a little cave undergound. It was decorated with small, selfmade furniture (of ice) with a staircase (of ice) leading to the second floor. "The Kvonarea don't know about this place, but it's where we sneak of to sometimes. It's the last bit of our home that we can control, but now that we've escaped, I doubt that we're able to stay safe here.", Viventem said, "You see, we're the last of our kind so we are a big deal for them. It took them many years to catch us and they've slaughtered a lot of our kind.".